Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civ VI is great! 3rd game 50+ hours in and loving it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ VI is great! 3rd game 50+ hours in and loving it!

Greetings,

I wanted to post that I am having a Great time playing. I see posts about 'not recommending' the game or ai is crap or game is not playable.

Well I am here to tell you that NONE of those things are a problem for me! I think this is perhaps the best incarnation of Civ ever!

I am playing on both Prince and King and the Ai is not a push over. It will DoW you and do so early since the War weariness is neg early on.

Districts are definitely something that require forethought. You need to plan out WAY in advance where you want to lay down your things so you can do so optimally.

NO performance issues, no crashes. I have completed two epic games, One science and one Culture both were an absolute blast to play!

Game has minor issue like no build cue or ai unpredictability but its minor compared to any game release.

I am now playing a game with modded map sizes, next size past huge which is 'enormous' and 14 civs and I just found Tomyris and her legions of horsemen! This game is the warmonger special. No open borders, not nice and rude to everyone..real murder hobo here!

Back to playing!

Originally posted by larsenex View Post
    Greetings,

I wanted to post that I am having a Great time playing. I see posts about 'not recommending' the game or ai is crap or game is not playable.

Well I am here to tell you that NONE of those things are a problem for me! I think this is perhaps the best incarnation of Civ ever!

I am playing on both Prince and King and the Ai is not a push over. It will DoW you and do so early since the War weariness is neg early on.

Districts are definitely something that require forethought. You need to plan out WAY in advance where you want to lay down your things so you can do so optimally.

NO performance issues, no crashes. I have completed two epic games, One science and one Culture both were an absolute blast to play!

Game has minor issue like no build cue or ai unpredictability but its minor compared to any game release.

I am now playing a game with modded map sizes, next size past huge which is 'enormous' and 14 civs and I just found Tomyris and her legions of horsemen! This game is the warmonger special. No open borders, not nice and rude to everyone..real murder hobo here!

Back to playing!
    Game is great, but AI performance is mixed. I have seen both really bad moves/decisions, and some good behavior. Right now I'm into an Immortal game where some AI, somewhere in the world, eliminated another AI from the game, so they can do it. On the other hand, to my north is a very annoying Arabia that is teching well, but beelining the upper part of the Tech tree. It sort of makes sense, because they have a powerful navy now, and occupy a northern island, so they are protected. On the other hand, as they focused on the upper part of the tree, their most powerful (only?) good unit is their UU, which exposes them to a defeat in land.

The more I observe, the more obvious it is that most problems for the AI stem from the fact that some tend to beeline the upper part of the tech tree, leaving them without any chance to upgrade units even if they have the resources and gold, simply because they ignored the lower tech tree full of military techs. It's a matter of balance, and closing the big jumps in the tech tree.
    Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Most of those AI elimination messages are conquered city states...
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
        Most of those AI elimination messages are conquered city states...
        I know, I am not talking about the notifications, India AI literally eliminated the Aztecs from my game (they got all Aztec cities, I found them with my scout in Gandhi's hands...). Probably with his M1A1 Abraphants.
        Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Working...
        X