No announcement yet.

CIV 6 : System requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it be OK with an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.40GHz) socket 775 NVidiaGT 240 OS Windows 10 (pro) but 32 bits (although the processor could accept the 64 bits)? Its OK for Civ 5 but I'm afraid it could be too "short" for Civ 6. I'm looking for authorized infos.
    Thanks

Comment

Civ6 is 64-bit only.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Too bad for 6th

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
        Civ6 is 64-bit only.
        thousands thanks, Nikolai, too bad, I feel sad as it will be the first time from 1990 that I can't play a new version of Civ whatever it's number is. The problem being simple I bought Civ 6 already, far before the spec were published, trusting Firaxis on the former politics they used until today namely they tried to keep as far as possible their followers tuned on their games with the lowest or middle range acceptable computer features. My desktop works fine on Civ 5 BNW but the the 6 th will stay on my shelf ... until I'll pass away (I'm 80...)

Comment

Sad to hear. FWIW, 64-bit is so overwhelmingly used now that it's not surprising it's not supported. No new PCs are sold with it, and hasn't been for a long time. But I recommend checking if you can get a free upgrade of your OS. I think MS is supplying 64-bit versions for free if you own 32-bits. When I bought my OS I got both types on their dedicated DVD.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I end up having a MacBookPro and I think it works fine.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

At least the early game.

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
              X