• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV 6 : System requirements

FROM STEAM:

Civilization VI: System Requirements
    23 SEPTEMBER - HINKLE2K

We’re happy to report that we’ve just locked down our system requirements for Civilization VI. Thank you for your patience while we tested a variety of systems to ensure Civilization VI is as optimized as it can be.

Minimum
    PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3 2.5 Ghz or AMD Phenom II 2.6 Ghz or greater
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
    DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
    VIDEO CARD: 1 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 5570 or nVidia 450)

Recommended
    PROCESSOR: Fourth generation Intel Core i5 2.5 Ghz or AMD FX8350 4.0 Ghz or greater
    MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 12 GB or more
    DVD-ROM: Required for disc-based installation
    VIDEO CARD: 2 GB DirectX 11 Video Card (AMD 7970 or nVidia 770 or greater)

Other Requirements
    Initial installation requires one-time Internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 and 2015 Runtime Libraries, and Microsoft DirectX. Internet connection and acceptance of Steam™ Subscriber Agreement required for activation. See www.steampowered.com/agreement for details.
    Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
    Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

¿i3? WTF?????????????????????????
    Cuando un dedo señala la luna, los tontos miran el dedo. (del Mayo francés)

Comment

I have been playing two solid hours!!!

Love it so far!

Getting to know all the intricacies, my system I am on is a laptop, HP 4535

Processor: AMD E2-3000M APU with Radeon Graphics 1.8 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) 4 GB (3.47 usable)

System Type 64 Bit OS

Windows 7 Professional

No problems running thus far, a little loading time, not sure if its normal, nothing too excessive though.

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I am betting you need way more than that to play well.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The OS X system requirements are pretty brutal. Basically only the top end computers from 2013 meet the minimal requirements and you have to go newer to more generally meet the requirements.

I am not surprised, Civ5 (and even Civ4) struggle on the 2011/2012 machines I have.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I am betting you need way more than that to play well.
            Ill keep you posted, so far zero problems, only slightly slow upon initial load up of game, nothing too serious though.

I believe I am over 100 turns into game Huge Map no issues as of yet....

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well... no chance with my lap top. My desk top system is far above the minimum, but not up to the recommended.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh I'm so far above the recommended requirements
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The Mac port sucks. On my two year old (but top end at the time) Macbook Pro I get ~55FPS on minimal graphics settings when booting into Windows. On the same machine I get ~10FPS under OS X.

No hope for any high end graphic settings, of course.

But I've still been having fun with it.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

My laptop has an Intel i7 4500 Core 1.8 - 2.4 GHz chip, 8 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M integrated video card. Would I be able to run Civ 6?
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys.

Comment

I thought you were able to read the first post of this thread

Of course you can play Civ6.

Comment

Originally posted by astrologix View Post
                          I thought you were able to read the first post of this thread

Of course you can play Civ6.
                          So I guess I'm asking is will an Intel i7 4500 1.8 GHz - 2.4 GHz handle this as well as an Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz? My RAM is up to snuff and I guess my video card is a later model than a nVidia 450, so it should be able to handle the graphics. I'm just not certain if the more advanced architecture of my i7 CPU makes up for the slight deficit in speed.

Comment

I am not sure there either, but in any case I think Civ 6 will run on your laptop. In the later game maybe it could be a bit slow, but you always can reduce the game graphics performances to the minimum, as I do with my own laptop.

Comment

Maybe I'll try it if the price comes down around Christmas.

Comment

Working...
                              X