Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pyramids (Wonder Movies) - CIVILIZATION VI

Courtesy of AC2:

-Please see also: Civilization VI offers more choice and less confusion a playthrough summary from The Verge.
    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

I wish they would spend more time on actual game play then making a big deal out of wonder movies and spending so much time on those types of things.

I'll be interested to see the wonder movies once... but I will want to play a game that has tons of replayability.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I figure they're releasing wonder movies because they already have them for the game - it's promotable game content, if not the good stuff.

-I certainly hope they're pacing their releases now, too - little floods like Tuesday are hard on me, and I'll be sore if it dries up to nothing next week...

No pasarán

Comment

I hear you... But the way they are promoting them (in all the interviews) makes it sound like they think that this is A GREAT and EXCITING part of the game, when in reality, it's something I will care about only once (if even that).

Combat was screwed up in Civ V. In all the interviews they really aren't saying much about how combat will actually work.. or other really important mechanics of the game.
        We see actual game play with very little commentary on the actual mechanics of the game. At this point, it really concerns me.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's not going to be ready for release, of course - that's obviously what was going on with a number of writeups where they didn't let the author actually play. I bet it's not even in good enough beta state, yet.

What I'm hearing, though, reading between the lines, is that it's a lot better design than 5 - so we'd best be making our peace with it'll suck in October, but be patched to good in a year. You can do that with a not-ready game, but only with a good basic design, no unfun game-breaking grind factors like 1UPT...

No pasarán

Comment

I like wonder movies and am glad tgey decided to include them as they are a major part of tge heritage of the Civilization series.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
            X