What happened to the threads here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the threads here?

What happened to the many threads that were here a few days ago?

I was hoping for confirmation of the engine being 64 bit and optimized for multithreaded ai.

There was a forum blip and a good chunk of data was lost. I don't believe we'd gotten any confirmation on the 64-bit-ness of the engine, though.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Sadly, we had a forum crash and all the threads after Feb 2nd were lost.

We will have to begin again but luckily it is still early days for Civ 6 so we shpuld be able to repopulate the Civ 6 forum fairly quickly.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm again sorry I'm out of thanks for a couple more hours.

That's exactly right. Setback, but the folder looks very good again already, and the new stuff is generating 6 talk.
        AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
        JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Early indications are that the engine is still 32bit and single threaded.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

That was a bit of downer. My 'return' to posting on poly since 2004 was lost with the hiccup.

btw, it appears Firaxis has confirmed it is 64-bit,
            Youtube personality Marborzir confirmed it; he was one of the people invited to preview the game.

AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
            Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
            Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
              Early indications are that the engine is still 32bit and single threaded.
              Where did you hear this?
              Last edited by Dinner; May 28, 2016, 22:26.

Comment

@Dinner 64 bit confirmed. Read above
                AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
                Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
                Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

That video shows the fish resource which no one has had a screen shot of before.

Comment

well i'm pleased to see that it's 64-bit. the 32-bit nature of civ IV really limited some of the more ambitious mods, especially caveman2cosmos.
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Most computers are already 64 bit so it would have been very short sighted not to male the game 64 bit. Some good news for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                        well i'm pleased to see that it's 64-bit. the 32-bit nature of civ IV really limited some of the more ambitious mods, especially caveman2cosmos.
                        Why are you speaking in the past tense? C2C is alive and well!
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                        X