Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder building shown on the map?

Check out Sid Meier's Civilizations video on Facebook:

167K views, 3.1K likes, 261 loves, 647 comments, 577 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Sid Meier’s Civilization: See your Wonders built before you in Civilization VI. Here, you can see the...

Click image for larger version

Name:	mwsnap-513 2016-05-26, 10_53_02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	9136191

Yes. Wonder movies seem to be integrated into the engine.

Looks cool but I still prefer the classic Civ2 and AC movies...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

They've talked a bit about being able to pillage specific districts so as to disrupt the science or trade output of a city. I wonder if you'll be able to pillage wonders and what the effect might be.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

you cant pillage wonders.

Comment

Well that's no fun.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

easy there Ragnar...

Comment

I am not sure about wonder movies but supposedly the progression of wonder construction will indeed be shown on the map so everyone can see how close you are tp finishing. That is kind of cool and will be most useful during MP.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It would be really cool (and realistic) if you could slow down/hinder/set back production of certain city features (including wonders) when at war with a city.

If you see a civ getting close to a wonder you are building, you could attack the city and focus on that district, giving yourself time to complete it first.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Are you sure everyone has visibility into this? It should only be for the people/players who can see that particular city, right?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    They've talked a bit about being able to pillage specific districts so as to disrupt the science or trade output of a city. I wonder if you'll be able to pillage wonders and what the effect might be.
                    Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    you cant pillage wonders.
                    Well that's no fun.
                    Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                    easy there Ragnar...
                    Remember: Pillage, THEN burn.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

At least attacking armies will know which city to sack.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well that's no fun.
                        Agreed. I have never liked Wonders being disabled upon reaching a certain tech, yet being incapable of being destroyed short of destroying the city. For an example of the illogic of this, look at the Great Library, and the Pyramids. The one expires pretty early, the other never expires; the only reason I can see for this is that the actual Library of Alexandria fell to several fire-related disasters, which had nothing to do with its intrinsic value at the time it "expired". The Pyramids, OTOH, never "fell", and were always useless.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                          The Pyramids, OTOH, never "fell", and were always useless.
                          Come on, now. You have to store the pharaohs somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X