Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemies unrealistic sciencel level

Hi There,

Wow, I am frustrated tonight. Im playing a game with France as my civ: I'm making tons of money and was planning to strive for culture victory but have had to spend a lot of time on defense and science (huge map, 24 players). By 1865 I was doing excellent for science and especially money (not bad culture). How the hell did Russia, who I've been at war with since about AD 200, suddenly show up at my doorstep with rocket artillery modern infantry and bombers? In 1865! Sometimes this game is so unrealistic I think its training people to become full fledged fascists! Any suggestions? (I realistically couldn't spend more time on science - by 1859 I was one step away from artillery and flight!
    Last edited by paulmitchell; March 25, 2015, 17:40.

I'm pretty sure what happens is that the AI goes all research agreement happy. I've been trying to play more peaceful games To garner more friendship declarations, but it's tough.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
      I'm pretty sure what happens is that the AI goes all research agreement happy. I've been trying to play more peaceful games To garner more friendship declarations, but it's tough.
      Hi there, self biased. Yea, I think you're correct. I've been trying for culture more than military recently but without success. It seems to work for a while but eventually, it always seems to end up a military confrontation. In my present game I tried for cultural but it was ridiculous how the AI beat that. But then the same cultural victory Civ (Persia) took over all the world except the Americas, militarily. Fortunately, claiming all of North America and conserving my uranium and aluminum deposits when I finally achieved the proper science level I began to push Persia back, even while it tells me:"I expect your complete capitulation" or something to that effect. I'm currently having fun watching the arrogant one dwindling in size!.
      Nonetheless, aiming for the cultural or science victory adds a lot of extra spice to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmitchell View Post
        Hi there, self biased. Yea, I think you're correct....
        I should also say the focus on friendships (as you suggested) is also important - they enabled me to maintain trading ties thereby keeping my happiness and financial head above water.
        I will mention something I learned: in this case Persia, after taking over all of Asia and the Middle East - and therefore gaining enough influence - pushed through a nuclear non-proliferation treaty and was able to keep getting it renewed. However, as I discovered,this didn't prevent Persia from using already completed nuclear weapons against me (which I was able to stop because of a very large Stealth fleet I had produced by the time Persia was forced to come at me with the nukes.
        Added April 16: I did read that yes, indeed if a country already had nuclear weapons they when the Nuke-non-prolif treaty kicks in they can still use them. In my case the offending Cv (Persia) obviously used this as a strategy because it was they who put forth that treaty proposal in the world council and also had enough controlling votes to put it through - after they made a monopolistic stockpile (ha, ha, in today's real world of politics this strategy sounds rather familiar)
        Last edited by paulmitchell; April 16, 2015, 07:38.

Comment

Added April 16: I did read that yes, indeed if a country already had nuclear weapons they when the Nuke-non-prolif treaty kicks in they can still use them. In my case the offending Cv (Persia) obviously used this as a strategy because it was they who put forth that treaty proposal in the world council and also had enough controlling votes to put it through - after they made a monopolistic stockpile (ha, ha, in today's real world of politics this strategy sounds rather familiar).??

Comment

Yep, this is the AI going happy witg research agreements. The ai is progrMmed to hate the human player and to, generally, like other AIs. This results in a lot of ganging up against the human player.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i think that the AI who's doing this , just to make things exiting !
              Last edited by pikerpool420; November 28, 2022, 08:40.

Comment

Working...
              X