New Maps Total Rip Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maps Total Rip Off

Ok, I admit it it was stupid, but I bought the new scrambled maps thinking it would be cool to have actual starting points. Since that doesn't work, all you get is more maps that are basically the same as the ones that are already there. Now I say the script doesn't work, but maybe the Aztecs started in Africa and migrated to South/Central America and history is wrong. Also, I played the South America map thinking it would have the three or four civs that could be put there, but no, I get Eygpt, Korea and others.

Mike

Maid Service in NYC

Comment

Nobody ever say the scrambled maps were TSL?
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
        Nobody ever say the scrambled maps were TSL?
        I not sure what TSL stands for, but if it means realistic starting positions, yes the ad for the scrambled maps said there was a special script to give real starting positions. This is not true. Which just makes more maps that are basically the same as the maps you already have. I would be interested in feedback from anyone who buys the scrambled nations pack.

Mike

Comment

That was AFAIK never promised. What ad was this?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Below is the add from the downloadable content on steam for Civ V

The Scrambled Continents map pack includes real geographic locations with special scripts that produce randomized interiors each time a new game begins. While the familiar outline of the continent’s geography stays constant, the inner heart of the world changes each time you play for endless replayability on countless plausible worlds. Maps include Africa, Eastern Asia, North and South America, Western Europe, the Middle East, a thawed Antarctica, new scripted maps for Small Continents and Oceania, plus one map including all of Earth’s continents.

I read geographic locations as realistic starting points, obviously, I read it wrong. That doesn't change the fact that $5.00 for more maps is a total rip off.

Mike

Comment

scrambled maps??

Comment

The new maps were added in the Humble Bundle download.

I got the game through that sale before they added that and used the normal maps. BUT using small maps, Rome is starting in India, Theodora in China, Arabs are in Sweden, Huns and Russians are on the American continent, so as far as I can tell, even in the normal game the locations are not correct.

Maybe on the larger maps the geographic area is accurate?

Comment

I normally wouldn't buy the maps either, but I guess it would depend on the price. I got the humble bundle deal, so the maps were basically included as part of the complete package.
                  www.playnswap.com
                  Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

The bundle was a steal.

Comment

I find the Scrambled Map DLC to be worth every penny (only 125 pennies since I got it on a Steam sale). Playing on land masses that feel more "realistic" is more enjoyable, and the new small continents script is my current go-to script when staring a new game. I've always been a sucker for map scripts though.
                      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                      X