Why two artifact choices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why two artifact choices?

Often the artifact you dig up is a fragment of war between two cultures. It asks you if you want a Type a or Type b artifact. As far as I can tell there is no difference to the player between the two. Am I missing something or is this a worthless choice like I think?

Mike

I think at least some tourism points are directional. For instance, if you can choose between a Portuguese and Celtic artifact and you choose Celtic, then you get an influence or monetary boost from Boudicca instead of Maria.

I think. Not entirely sure.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I re-read the choices again and they give word for word bonuses.

Mike

Comment

It matters for theming bonuses. When you put artifacts in a building, some building get bonuses for having different time periods, the same time period, different cultures, or the same cultures.
        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
          It matters for theming bonuses. When you put artifacts in a building, some building get bonuses for having different time periods, the same time period, different cultures, or the same cultures.
          That's new for me. Good to know. But in the end the difference is trivial...

Comment

thats great..

Comment

Comment

Two artifacts from a museum display are hung from vertical walls by very light wires as shown.

Comment

Great news

Comment

Interesting.
                    www.playnswap.com
                    Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

What happens if you get a choice to make the artifact a nationality that you've already eliminated or someone else has already eliminated? Let's say you've already taken all the German cities and you develop an archeological site in former German territory and when finished you get a choice to obtain a German artifact. Does the artifact get placed in one of your cities or it wasted? What if someone else took German cities, then you develop a site near former German territory and it yields a German artifact, who gets the artifact?
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                      X