Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Windows 8 game crashes and crashes and crashes.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Windows 8 game crashes and crashes and crashes.....

I have Windows 8 and BNW crashes so often that I stop playing until it is fixed.

The so called recommended option for Windows 8 "Touch enabled" guarantees a crash after 10 turns since the former G&K but at least the option with DirectX 10&11 worked flawlessly. Now however this crashes too.

I hope it will be fixed soon...although I am sceptical since I had expected that by now the "recommended" Touch enabled feature would work...

I've not used Win 8 but I have heard nothing but bad things about it. My suggestion is to install Win 7 so that it actually works though maybe disenabling Touch might prevent a few crashes.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Thanks for your advise but I will not downgrade because one application does not work properly. All other applications do work well. The problem lies with the game so that needs to be fixed. (I haven't had any issue with Windows 8 by the way and this issue is not a Windows 8 issue but a Firaxis issue...)

Comment

Same Issue

Originally posted by Lambiorix_be View Post
        Thanks for your advise but I will not downgrade because one application does not work properly. All other applications do work well. The problem lies with the game so that needs to be fixed. (I haven't had any issue with Windows 8 by the way and this issue is not a Windows 8 issue but a Firaxis issue...)
        I'm in the same boat.

"Touch" sounded great, until the endless crashing.

A gross error that should be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by skshrews View Post
          I'm in the same boat.

"Touch" sounded great, until the endless crashing.

A gross error that should be addressed.
          Indeed. And since they claim that the game is compatible with windows 8 and even have made specific development and tips for using a touch screen there is no excuse for not fixing it...

Comment

Working...
          X