Map Script Idea: Please Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Script Idea: Please Help

I have an idea for a map script, but have never written one before, and I don't know lua.

First the idea. It's a fantasy disc map with a "hole" in the center for a bobbing small sun. I call it the "Plane of Pain," a fantasy dimension where great civilizations of old are sent by the gods for their amusement.

1. Square map (player can choose size, age, wetness, resource abundance, etc.).
    2. Map has no wrapping (it's a simulation of a flat plane, not a sphere or cylinder).
    3. The source of heat is in the center of the map. There is no earthlike rotation.
    4. There is a small group of mountains in the center of the map.
    5. Around them is desert with no oases or rivers.
    6. Next is a ring of sea.
    7. The largest concentric ring is made up of typical continents (with rivers and lakes) and islands placed randomly. They do not necessarily connect together. I don't want a donut.
    8. Since heat radiates outward from the center of the map, rain will fall on inward flatter hexes before crossing more outer mountains. There will be less or no rain behind the mountains, depending on the amount of mountains in an area. Again, this happens in a radial pattern from the center, not the typical banded pattern seen on earthlike maps. For example, a coastal hex on the central sea close to the central mountain hub will be jungle if there are mountains right behind it. Further away, it might be forest or just grassland. Behind a wall of mountains, there might be a big desert.
    9. The map gets colder toward the outside edge. Tundra, snow, and ice are furthest from the center. There may be patches of open sea between the outermost continents and the ice at the map edge.
    10. Around the edge of the map is a circle of impassible sea ice, with the 4 corners also being ice.
    11. Resources, starting placements, ruins, etc. are then placed randomly as usual.

There are a few maps like Oval, Donut, and Ring that create continents in a near circular pattern, so I assume circles are possible, and thus radial/concentric banding of terrain might also be.

Can anyone help me write this map script?

sounds interesting, but you're better off trying CFC for mods and whatlike. Apolyton is of the opinion that C5 sucks.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Originally posted by Gikkuriman View Post
      I have an idea for a map script, but have never written one before, and I don't know lua.

First the idea. It's a fantasy disc map with a "hole" in the center for a bobbing small sun. I call it the "Plane of Pain," a fantasy dimension where great civilizations of old are sent by the gods for their amusement.

1. Square map (player can choose size, age, wetness, resource abundance, etc.).
      2. Map has no wrapping (it's a simulation of a flat plane, not a sphere or cylinder).
      3. The source of heat is in the center of the map. There is no earthlike rotation.
      4. There is a small group of mountains in the center of the map.
      5. Around them is desert with no oases or rivers.
      6. Next is a ring of sea.
      7. The largest concentric ring is made up of typical continents (with rivers and lakes) and islands placed randomly. They do not necessarily connect together. I don't want a donut.
      8. Since heat radiates outward from the center of the map, rain will fall on inward flatter hexes before crossing more outer mountains. There will be less or no rain behind the mountains, depending on the amount of mountains in an area. Again, this happens in a radial pattern from the center, not the typical banded pattern seen on earthlike maps. For example, a coastal hex on the central sea close to the central mountain hub will be jungle if there are mountains right behind it. Further away, it might be forest or just grassland. Behind a wall of mountains, there might be a big desert.
      9. The map gets colder toward the outside edge. Tundra, snow, and ice are furthest from the center. There may be patches of open sea between the outermost continents and the ice at the map edge.
      10. Around the edge of the map is a circle of impassible sea ice, with the 4 corners also being ice.
      11. Resources, starting placements, ruins, etc. are then placed randomly as usual.

There are a few maps like Oval, Donut, and Ring that create continents in a near circular pattern, so I assume circles are possible, and thus radial/concentric banding of terrain might also be.

Can anyone help me write this map script?

Hi
      your coding is very impressive overall.I really like this one.
      circle represents hole area so that it is possible.

Comment

Working...
      X