Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Relations (InfoAddict light)

Hi,

I decided to post this also here (and remove it from Civfanatics). It's just a light version of InfoAddict for those who, like me, feel that the full IA gives away too much information that is really not available in the game. This version only displays the relations wheel, and within it, only the information that can be seen or deducted in some way within the core game. I enjoy it very much, and it is full plugable, as in enabling it whenever you want, even with ongoing games.

Enjoy!

P.D.: please respect same conditions as with CivWillard for G&K --> No uploading to CivFanatics! Thanks.

Updated to version 2:
    + Added swapable icons (thanks glider1)
    + Added tooltips to civilization icons displaying information that is available within the game: Stance, Total gold and gold per turn (if not at war), Relative military power as described by the Military Advisor and using the same formulas (thanks glider1 for initiating this, I changed the calculations to reflect the exact formula used by the DLL)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aristos; February 22, 2013, 19:57. Reason: Updated to v 2
    Candor dat viribus alas.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Aristos View Post
      Hi,

I decided to post this also here (and remove it from Civfanatics). It's just a light version of InfoAddict for those who, like me, feel that the full IA gives away too much information that is really not available in the game. This version only displays the relations wheel, and within it, only the information that can be seen or deducted in some way within the core game. I enjoy it very much, and it is full plugable, as in enabling it whenever you want, even with ongoing games.

Enjoy!
      Greattt thanks uuu

Comment

Update to Global Relations

Hi Aristos
        I'm the same Glider1 from Civfanatics. Since you are publishing over here, here is an update to Global Relations you might like to incorporate. It adds hover over (tooltip) information that is available elsewhere in the game such as the military advisor and the like. It also adds the ability to swap icons around by left clicking the icon then right clicking on the space or other icon you want to reposition it to.

I don't have the original project so this is just a straight mod of the existing files. You can directly replace it with the original and reload the mod to try it.
        Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glider1 View Post
          Hi Aristos
          I'm the same Glider1 from Civfanatics. Since you are publishing over here, here is an update to Global Relations you might like to incorporate. It adds hover over (tooltip) information that is available elsewhere in the game such as the military advisor and the like. It also adds the ability to swap icons around by left clicking the icon then right clicking on the space or other icon you want to reposition it to.

I don't have the original project so this is just a straight mod of the existing files. You can directly replace it with the original and reload the mod to try it.
          Cheers
          Hey glider1,

looks nice (and it's nice to have a former RevolutionDCM modder on board), but I have some concerns about the tooltips...

First, I am not sure if we should show some info (Gold, mainly) while at war, because there is a period after start of hostilities where the enemy civ is not willing to negotiate, thus the player is not able to see details about the enemy.

Second, are those military power ratios arbitrary? Or do they correspond to calculations made by the advisor's functions to show the text that the military advisor presents regarding power ratios? Where did you get those ratios? If they are arbitrary, I don't think we should show them (how do we know if "much stronger" is really <0.70???

cheers,
          Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Hi Aristos
            I knocked it up quickly. I can easily add a line (if I haven't already) that turns off the income display during war (surprised if I forgot). The military calculations are not precisely the same as the military advisor (I was too lazy too duplicate the exact C++ formula) but the supplied calc seems pretty close. I'll make changes to improve it over time and post here. Just modding on the fly!
            Cheers

Comment

Hi Aristos
              I knocked it up quickly. I can easily add a line (if I haven't already) that turns off the income display during war (surprised if I forgot). The military calculations are not precisely the same as the military advisor (I was too lazy too duplicate the exact C++ formula) but the supplied calc seems pretty close. I'll make changes to improve it over time and post here. Just modding on the fly!
              Cheers
              Hi glider,

I can do that, don't worry. I can also replicate the formula, just tell me in what cpp file to look... (too lazy to find it myself).
              Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Hi Aristos
                Ok the good news is that the main formula is lua accessible:
                Players[iPlayer]:GetMilitaryMight()
                and is already being used somewhere in InfoAddict cutdown version.

Then the first conversion of that formula is in CvDiplomacyAI.cpp at:
                CvDiplomacyAI DoUpdateOnePlayerMilitaryStrength(PlayerTypes ePlayer)

Then the final number is converted into text in CvAdvisorCouncel.cpp at line 702.

If you want a fantastic tool to search for any text within the steam folders, within the mod files anywhere really, "Windows Grep" is the power tool of choice. It searches across all file types. I set it up to search my mod folder and the entire civ5 folder and it will power search through all the C++ code as well as all the lua and XML in one hit.

PS) here is the fix for hiding the gold display during war in case you want it.

Cheers
                Attached Files
                Last edited by glider1; February 21, 2013, 18:22.

Comment

Updated to version 2:
                  + Added swapable icons (thanks glider1)
                  + Added tooltips to civilization icons displaying information that is available within the game: Stance, Total gold and gold per turn (if not at war), Relative military power as described by the Military Advisor and using the same formulas (thanks glider1 for initiating this, I changed the calculations to reflect the exact formula used by the DLL)
                  Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Working great Aristos thanks!

Comment

Now that actually looks cool.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                        Now that actually looks cool.
                        Well, it's not as "cool" as the original InfoAddict, but it seems to be the perfect tool for those of us who don't want "cooler" stuff but preserve the challenge, and "too much information" as in the original certainly does not (in fact, it makes the game much easier). Are you using this one?
                        Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

I have a small fix for this mod global relations. The lua crashes if trying to swap icons on a civ that is dead. This fixes it. In the future it would be good if we also showed what religion the leader is.

On another topic for Aristos, I think I have found the hardcoded lines that cause CS to not settle on ICS-5 (but I cannot explain why it works). Attached is a mod that is hardcoded for ICS-5 and it seems to work for me. I'm enjoying a game right now on large;gem modified pangaea+;10+20andard resources;5000BCandard speed. I think ICS-5 is equivalent of adding 1/2 to 1 difficulty level.

(I mod as I play)

Cheers
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by glider1; March 8, 2013, 18:32.

Comment

I have a small fix for this mod global relations. The lua crashes if trying to swap icons on a civ that is dead. This fixes it. In the future it would be good if we also showed what religion the leader is.

On another topic for Aristos, I think I have found the hardcoded lines that cause CS to not settle on ICS-5 (but I cannot explain why it works). Attached is a mod that is hardcoded for ICS-5 and it seems to work for me. I'm enjoying a game right now on large;gem modified pangaea+;10+20andard resources;5000BCandard speed. I think ICS-5 is equivalent of adding 1/2 to 1 difficulty level.

(I mod as I play)

Cheers
                            Amazingly enough, those are exactly the same lines that I was looking into... I just wasn't sure if they were the correct ones, and did not have the time to play test any change... in other words, now that you have been testing the changes to those two lines of code, and you see it working, and added to that the fact that I was also "sniffing" the solution in the very same piece of code, the chances that you are right are very very high.

I would suggest you open a new thread here, for that Resolution mod, and we can continue expanding/testing/working the idea. As I told you back in CivfaNazis, this may well be the simplest yet most influential mod in the Civ5 adventure.

One question: why did you change the limits to 9 (from the magic 4)? Just to foresee any other changes to the ICS-5? I would have changed them to just 5 or 6... what is your reasoning? (I worried about larger numbers potentially breaking the allocation logic for CS... are you seeing something like that with 9?

Anyways, good find and test! Go ahead and open a thread for your Resolution mod, and I will gladly participate there and test/improve as much as possible...
                            Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

hi
                              Ya there is a difference between the calculation of advisor and the military.
                              don't worry try to do this and find the formula.

Comment

Working...
                              X