Well, it still sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, it still sucks.

I fired Civ5 up for the first time in months (since before there even was an expansion pack) and I have to say the game still sucks. I love the civ franchise, have been playing since Civ1, and think Civ4 with all of its expansion packs is just about the best version of the game imaginable but Civ5 is a horrible turd which needs to get flushed down the toilet. End of story for me.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Why?

Comment

Ask not why you can do for your country, but why you can do for you.

Comment

Sorry, I have to disagree. The game is as good as if not better than IV. Once the promised fixes are released it will be better. I agree that Vanilla was horrible, but the game has become very enjoyable again.

Mike

Comment

game is same as all the previous ones in that it is fun to play, passes the time, too many things to build, too many different units etc etc

but hey i only play for fun not to work out the micromanagement way of best doing a move, my aim is to build every building in the game, build all the units...

so on that basis it is the same

but yes very different in so many ways
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Maybe if you "built a giant Badger" it would help

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
            I fired Civ5 up for the first time in months (since before there even was an expansion pack) and I have to say the game still sucks. I love the civ franchise, have been playing since Civ1, and think Civ4 with all of its expansion packs is just about the best version of the game imaginable but Civ5 is a horrible turd which needs to get flushed down the toilet. End of story for me.
            Hope the referance to monty python was recognizable.

So Dinner, do you feel that way because you don't yet play it well and are frustrated?
            Or maybe you play it so well that it is no challenge for you?

If either of these apply then what game would not be like that?

But of course each person has their own frefered qualities in a game. That does not in itself make the game suck. In reality it just not that persons cup of tea.

Lets say you hated the game of Go, but could play chess every day of the week. That could not mean that Go sucks.(but it would to you) Lets even say you could describe specific things you hated about Go. Same point stands when there are a world full of Go players who have overcame the things you found objectionable and to them love the game.

I must concure with Raz. To each their own. Civ V is a good game even if some don't care for it.

Why would some of you so adamantly trash Civ V is what I wonder? Is this somehow connected with rumors regarding Activision?

I found a bug in Civ I where if you clicked your settler to perform a task, then clicked on him again and retold him to perform the same task and over and over a square would be improved in 1 turn. You could even do this one click short of changing the terrain, send him to a large ai city and in one click; presto! Helping your trade values increase if it was a terrain the ai never improved.

So should we all flush our Civ I floppie disks? And if we tried to promote others to do so (as I have seen some to regarding Civ V) what could be a possible motive?

Well I really don't know, but do wonder. Maybe it is just that they really really really hate the game and want to vent.
            The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

Strangley my son prefers to play Civ IV as he he finds the limitations of one unit per hex a drawback. I do find this to me is the one thing i wish they hadnt changed. adding ranged attacks is a fun thing yet very unrealistic in the size of the hex relationships but it is an abstract reality, the game is not a simulation , which i think some people imagine the game to be in some small way.
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

4 is batter and 2

no argents about it!
                time wil tel soonr or latar time wil tell
                http://education.makemeheal.com/imag...Gary_busey.jpg

Comment

You really sound upset. You don't have to do that.

Comment

its good!!

Comment

I also don't like this so I am waiting for next because
                      next season ll take good impact on minds.

Comment

I think the thing which gave Civ4 such staying power was that multiplayer was designed into the game from the start so long after players got bored with the AI there was a huge and active MP community which could still challenge even the best players. To compare Civ5 has no meaningful MP community, there is hardly a ladder out there for it, and that just goes to show why the game remains fundamentally flawed on the design level and thus inferior to Civ4.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Hope it is fixed

Comment

CIV IV is more fun from a war perspective, there is more strategy and planning you can do. CIV V seems to focus more on government policies and internal politics. If you play CIV and your favorite part was building your empire through improvements and wonders, rather than warefare, diplomacy, and expansion, then CIV V is for you. (CIV V diplomacy is confusing and the AI is sporadic, yeah the graphics are great, but he options are few and far between).
                            www.playnswap.com
                            Trade video games for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                            X