Stopping A Spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping A Spaceship

The AI is going to beat me to a spaceship win so I did a suicide attack on his capital city and took it. I thought this destroyed his spaceship. I was wrong. How can I destroy his spaceship without taking all the cities.

Mike

I sure thought taking the capital would do it...it always has before...
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
      I sure thought taking the capital would do it...it always has before...
      I had to destroy him to point where he only had 1 island in the middle of the ocean before I was safe to go onto the next victim. He still showed a spaceship with four parts in the victory screen, but I figured he would never get it finished with the resources I left him.

Mike

Comment

Oh. It wasn't finished yet?

I don't think you can destroy a ship under construction. A bit odd, but I don't think he can launch.

Comment

Originally posted by gdijedi7 View Post
          Oh. It wasn't finished yet?

I don't think you can destroy a ship under construction. A bit odd, but I don't think he can launch.
          I am going to run a test. I just destroyed Germany except one small city. He is the only one to create the spaceship wonder so far. I will put a spy in his new capital (Berlin is mine) and see if he builds or tries to build any parts for his spaceship, as I destroy the rest of the world.

Comment

Coolness Monthly. Let us know the results.

Comment

Experiment Ended

In 300+ turns, Germany did not try and make any more spaceship parts. If I get in this prediciment again, I will watch for the results and hopefully spot a trend or a fact to discredit the theory.

Mike

Comment

Taking the Capital doesn't stop them from building a spaceship. In my last came, I took Bejing and China still continued to build spaceship parts while I was taking the last capital left.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X