Let's be serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok View Post

Let me get this straight: they created a tile improvement that auto-damages all foreign units that come near it, and didn't get around to teaching the AI that this thing is an enemy, threat, or something to be avoided?
    Yes, it's laughable but very typical of Civ5. Half baked, half thought out, and all dumb.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I haven't tried exploiting citadels yet. Once the AI gets in the mood for war, I build a massive force and steamroll them. The 15% combat bonus that Great Generals provide don't seem to stack, so I've just been keeping them spread out so my front line units receive the bonus. It seems that if I use the General to build a citadel, I'll lose the bonus. It doesn't take longer than half a dozen turns for me to cap a city. I don't see the point to taking the General off the field to block off an area that will soon be behind the front lines. Perhaps if I was fighting more of a stalemate, I might utilize the citadel. In an even match, it seems like it could be an easy way to all but guarantee a victory.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by tomrider
        We are serious, guys. Civilization V is a poor game and the gods and the king will only fecal icing on the cake. Created in this sub-forum is literally the most ridiculous things happened Apolyton. Go back to playing civilization IV of
        Why does this text above sound like Kuciwalker being distorted
        through some kind of text-robot repeating other peoples posts ?!?

And the sentence is unfinished as well as grammatically strange ...

Who are these "guys" links123 & tomrider ???

Both joining Apolyton 21 july 2012 ?!?!?
        Take a load of Fanny, take a load for free,
        Ahhh, You put the load right on me !
        The Band

Comment

Sig material

Comment

The bots are learning wisdom!
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

hah, I am glad to see so many guys are interested in this.

Comment

I think that many people are disappointed with Civ5. Hexes and 1-unit-per-field sounds great but in general this game is far less then demanding. When I saw AI embarking his units on a 1-hex lake in front of my archers I was like, "that's way too easy". I'd made a mistake by declaring this war but with AI's constant mistakes, like moving all ballistas into the front... Yes, way too easy. I've won. It's the easiest Civs of all time, really. So what are we going to do with it? Well, I've noticed two things:

1) from the very Civ3, to the 5th, developers seem to release games half-done. Civ4 wasn't a good game before both expansions were released. This same goes to Civ5 which will be good only after the second expansion. At least I hope so. Heck, Civ3 didn't had multiplayer in the initial release and Hot Seat in Civ5 was implemented after many months, if not after whole year or so.

2) developers start to rest too much on the shoulders of modders. It's like they are making the basis for our work. Cool, but the games feel like too basic, too generic, too unfinished. Civ5 is a nice game but it's quite boring, really.

I really feel cheated but I still bought Civ3+4+Col on 1 CD. But my patience is wearing off...
                First Elect JAN KRAS,
                on the behalf of the Republic of Arakaria

Comment

Working...
                X