No announcement yet.

Gods and Kings : show of hands who is going to buy it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, Civ3 is looking better to me than Civ5.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
      Honestly, Civ3 is looking better to me than Civ5.
      Then you should keep on playing Civ3...

Comment

I'll stick with civ 4 which I still play nightly. I just don't find enjoyment in civ 5. If the expansion ends up being awesome I'll pick it up for $30 but if it's more of the same I'll wait until it's on sale and then buy it.

Really, at this point I'm just concerned for a civ 6.

Comment

If its in a 75% off sale or its actually "Awesome Multiplayer" I might but if its a case of same slow game then no.

Comment

I used to wait for a huge discount before buying civs, but that stopped with 4. The previews and the first review convinced me that Civ 4 fixed all of the stuff that I did not like. And it did. V was also bought right away, as I loved Panzer General, but found combat in prior Civs to be annoying. Now, I love to march my units line abreast into enemy territory. So, despite not being able to play on the largest map (my dual core just takes too long in the late game turns - hmm the PC turns 5 in November - maybe I should get a new PC - nah, it still works), I will probably get it. See my question on Store vs Steam purchase.
            Quality is Job 1.01

Comment

It's now possible to pre-order the game on Steam
              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Damn...
                all the things I can read here on Apolyton about the additions the expansion provides,
                make it truely hard to me, to resist the temptation to preorder the expansion now,
                that it is available for 10% less on Steam
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'll buy it.
                  I bought every civ game ever since civ1, how could I pass this one?
                  I hope I'll play it more often then civ5 though. I hope they're able to fix it!
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I've owned every Civ game as well... but I'm going to wait for the reviews before I put my money down. Civ5 was a huge disappointment, and there are still many problems to fix.
                    And don't even talk about MP....
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I will get the Civ5 expansion, maybe not right away just like Civ5 (I actually got Civ5 in Dec 2010).

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Nah. My PC can't run Civ5 itself as far as I know, and while I haven't heard anything totally facepalm about the expansion (like I heard about 5 itself, repeatedly), nothing sounds all that awesome.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I prefer 4 (or SMAC), but 5 has gotten a reputation that is undeserved. It is still the second best Civ ever, which is pretty damned good.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Brael View Post
                            I'll stick with civ 4 which I still play nightly. I just don't find enjoyment in civ 5. If the expansion ends up being awesome I'll pick it up for $30 but if it's more of the same I'll wait until it's on sale and then buy it.

Really, at this point I'm just concerned for a civ 6.
                            That's my take. Civ 5 is a lose and really I'm now just waiting for Civ6 hoping it's not a complete piece of **** like Civ5. They can keep the the hex map and the idea of city states but that's about it from Civ5. I want everything else to be as close to Civ4 as possible because it is, without a doubt, the single best game in the entire series. 1UPT is horrible and the reason why production rates are so low in the game, low production rates are why the game is so utterly and completely BORING, the AI is incompetent with 1UPT and just ends up shuffling units around aimlessly so why have it? Restore stacking, maybe making a stacking limit, but stacking makes perfect sense since each tile represents hundreds if not thousands of square miles.

Once unit stacking is restored then there is no reason to nerf production values so players could actually see units getting built and stuff happening in the game without hitting "end turn" over and over for 30 turns. Plus once stacking is restored then multiplayer actually becomes fun and possible once again. Right now it would take half an hour for six players to each finish one turn by individually moving 50-100 units. That's both retarded and a game killing flaw so once group moves and stacking are restored maybe someone might actually be interested in playing online multiplayer again because right now the servers are a ghost town with no one even bothering to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              I've owned every Civ game as well... but I'm going to wait for the reviews before I put my money down. Civ5 was a huge disappointment, and there are still many problems to fix.
                              And don't even talk about MP....
                              I've owned every civ game too but I think Gods and Kings will be the first I just won't bother with at least until it hits the discount bin. When steam has a $4.99 sale, which I expect with in just a few months of release, then maybe I'll pick it up but I want to send Firaxis a message about how badly those arrogant ****** screwed up with Civ5. They still talk as if it's the best thing since sliced bread and refuse to even acknowledge the massive flaws found by the community. The arrogant ****** could just look on their empty MP servers and figure out something is wrong but they don't or at least won't admit to it in public.
                              Last edited by Dinner; June 15, 2012, 20:11.

Comment

Canceled my preorder from Steam today and bought it from here instead:

Not only is the game downloading now (instead of 1-2 hours later) but it also cost me 10€ (~13 $) less than via Steam
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                                X