Odd Bugs to Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Bugs to Report

I'm not quite sure if this is posted in the right place or even website (e.g., Firaxis instead) - if not, please move it moderators. I've encountered three very annoying bugs with the most recent patch update to the game:

1) Great leader terrain improvements are NOT adding the resource to the system. I had to destroy a very lucrative Plains + Wine + Academy improvement to get the game to add the Wine to offset the crushing unhappiness I was suffering.

2) Harbors, in the last two arpeggio games I played, have not been adding any production to the sea tiles. On a map where land area is a at a premium and production is light, I was probably robbed of hundreds if not thousands of production points before I noticed this.

3) Seaports, in the last two arpeggio games I have played, have added neither production nor gold to sea tiles. This is similarly crippling, as spending 50 turns (standard mode) to build these two, and paying their upkeep... is just painful. It's pangea maps for me, for now. (note: Lighthouse still works fine, usually).

Finally, there's the complaint that my income and unhappiness are really, really variable over time. I know that income is affected by city size (trade routes) and buildings built, but at least at one point I was paying 5 gold per unit in the field; ouch! (is that normal?). Unhappiness is similarly painful, with some empires getting 41 happiness (no one has THAT many luxuries, dammit!), and little old me plodding along with only -3 to +3 most of the time. Granted, this is better than the crushing corruption in Civilization III, but it feels like rampant cheating on the part of the AI.

If the patch people could get onto this problem soon, that would be great.

1) Great People improvements only improve strategic resources, ie those which can pop up out of nowhere when a new tech comes along.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Harbours and Seaports only add production to sea resources like Fish, Whales, Pearls.

Some Social policies can add a lot of happiness.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
      X