How do I repair game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I repair game?

Something has gone wrong: when I launch the game, click on "click to continue", the next screen does not appear. I have seen references to repairing the game - how do I do that?
    Taxation without representation is still tyranny.

Thank you!!! It worked
    Taxation without representation is still tyranny.

Comment

Try re-installing the game..

Comment

Try installing Civ2

Comment

if you just want to have fun and not a die hard gamer then just get a Wii, but if you really enjoy games then get a 360. but i would get a wii as well there now 149 bucks now.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgamesh View Post
            Something has gone wrong: when I launch the game, click on "click to continue", the next screen does not appear. I have seen references to repairing the game - how do I do that?
            I had this happen to me once. Just reinstall the game. Make sure steam is on and then click uninstall using the control panel and steam will take care of the rest. To reinstall simply restart your computer, relaunch steam, go to games, and double click on Civilization 5.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower View Post
              Try installing Civ2
              I came remember playing the crap out of Civ2 back in the day, hating Civ3, but loving Civ4 to death. Civ1 was ok but not great. I guess the odd numbered Civilization games are just filler while the even numbered games are epic.

Comment

Hmmm..... Did all these steps and each time I reload the game, its at "Please Wait" the hover over message is "The game is currently processing other player's turns." No luck fixing the game. The game is completely functional - I can scroll around, click around in the menus, even save the game! I can select my highlighted unit, but not do anything with it.

I doubt waiting another 15 minutes will help - I guess the AIs met up and boycotted me. I was kicking the AIs butt (albeit at Prince) - so I guess I should restart another game at a higher level.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Sounds like a corrupted save.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                    Sounds like a corrupted save.
                    How is it a corrupted save when I can't save in the first place? Something is hosed in the application - it happens. I restarted a new game.
                    Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Which game you are installing? Then may i can help you.

Comment

Working...
                      X