Hidden units in cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden units in cities

Some kinds of unit - Great Generals notably, but also bombers and maybe others, do not have an "Alert" status, and to avoid the nuisance of passing over them manually at every turn when they are not in current demand, the only option I know of is to click on the "ZZZ" command.
    This hides the unit from sight, and with a large and complex civilisation, it is possible to forget that the unit is there, since they do not show up on the map of the city, nor on the "city view".
    I have not found any way of checking to see whether there is such a hidden unit in a city, or how to "wake them up" again later.
    Any suggestions, please?

There should be a star on top of the city if there's a GG in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
      There should be a star on top of the city if there's a GG in it?
      The star disappears if you "ZZZ" him.

Comment

Use the Unit list at the top left corner of your screen. It usually shows your research development but can be toggled to show other relevant information. In the unit list you can see the Great General and its current state.
        Fool me once, shame on you.
        Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

I've never had a great general disappear when I put him into sleep mode. They count as non-combat units, and thus cannot share a tile with other non-combat units like workers or other great people. The little triangle icon with the star has always been there for me, to the upper right of the city name, when I put them to sleep in a city.

For air units, once an air unit is based in a city or a carrier, a number appears in the center above the name of the city or ship; this is the number of air units based there. Clicking on that number brings up a list, and you can click one from the list to activate that unit.

The only time I've had units disappear seems to be late in the game on large maps, some hex tiles randomly won't display. Precisely, the stay shadowed as if covered by fog-of-war even when you can see them. Any units in those hexes are not displayed. If they are your own, you can still activate them from the list, but I've had hostile units hide that way during a war, which irritates me to no end. It only shows up late in the game, so I suspect it happens because the total resources on the map are exceeding the capabilities of the system to draw.
          Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

OK. Thanks. I'll try again.

Comment

Working...
            X