Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me find an old Review/Preview of Civ 5? From someone here... a big name...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find an old Review/Preview of Civ 5? From someone here... a big name...

I remember, some time ago, there was a big illustrated review (preview with an early copy?) of Civilization V. It was from one of the big names here, I think (though I'm not sure! It could be someone well known from civfanatics?), of a guy that had been part of the development of some of the other Civ games, I think. I remember the review was REALLY scathing, with him saying he wasn't sure he was going to buy the game until it was patched sufficiently, and showed some issues with the AI being all arbitrary as far as diplomacy, it showed issues with the strategic combat system, and it showed something weird with the AI...fishing villages, I think? It showed a lot of play, turn by turn, and something to do with the guy playing not knowing why the AI turned on him -- even the civs he had been aggressively courting the entire game -- and it ended with him losing a game, and upset that he hadn't actually made any bad choices that led to the loss. Can someone please link me to that? I would be much obliged. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; August 3, 2011, 05:57.

No clue.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I edited my post to be more specific. Maybe that can help?

Comment

Probably Sullla. I seem to remember he went off on some long rant about the game when it was released, and again after a patch or two. It all seemed like sour grapes. Just google this:

sullla civ 5 what went wrong

... and you should find what you're looking for. Fortunately I do not agree with his assessment, but then again I didn't expect the game to be "Civilization 5, a game designed by Stuie", so maybe I had a better handle on how things would turn out.
        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Yea it was Sulla's issues. Thanks!

Comment

No problem. Note there are three L's in his handle. Makes searching easier.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
            X