The Great Danes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Danes

No, I'm not suggesting Civ V has gone to the dogs (the latest patch brought it up above that, at least).

One of the traits for Denmark is that it only costs embarked units one movement point (MP) to land. At this point (and this may be a bug or a feature) the unit then has any remaining movement points from when it was embarked, not its usual land movement points.

For example, in my current game as Denmark, embarked units have 6 MP. This is late in the game and I have artillery that can fire twice in a turn. The effect of this is an artillery unit that can start embarked next to the coast, land (1 MP), set up (1 MP), fire twice (2 MP) and still have 2 MP to move and even embark again. I actually used one hex to fire four shots from two units this way, and then landed a tank unit on the hex.

Another aspect is moving from one sea to another on the other side of a relatively narrow land mass. You can land, move 3 or 4 hexes and embark on the other side, all in one turn, even with units that would only have 2 MP on land.

This may be the most useful, or at least most versatile, trait for any Civ.

Anyone else think another trait is so useful?
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

I also enjoy the Vikings.

Mike

Comment

Working...
    X