Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghandi gets a Khan

I am amused.

Playing India, trying for the three city culture victory (yes, I'm doing the Steam achievements), I had the culture trait where allied city states would gift me a Great Person on occasion. So no surprise when one (cultural) gave me a Great General, except it wasn't an ordinary general but a Mongol Khan!

The real irony is that it was late in the game, and it was a game where I never went to war with anyone.

Anyone else notice getting strange units from a city state? I am wondering if a military CS will gift a unique unit from another Civ.

Side note, I did win the culture victory, three cities, no wars.
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

It's not unusual to recieve a Khan for me, but it's not like it happens every turn. Usually only two or three times a game.

I wondered what happened when they gave you a unit that you had a replacement for. Then I was given a Musketman instead of a Minuteman.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

I've been away for sometime, decided to check back in, update the game and see what is up.

Played two games in quick fashion, and aside from the litany of complaints that everyone else seems to know all about, I find the Khan issue in both my games. At one point, Egypt had so many Generals and Khans they were using them as bait to draw my forces out, and about every other one I killed was a "Khan."

How did Egypt (allied with 3 CS) get 15-20 Generals and Khans????
      I dunno. But it smacks of some sort of coding error someplace, afterall-- the Mongols weren't even in the game.

I am going back to other pursuits. Will check back on Civ 5 in a month or two.
      There is nothing more dangerous than a large group of naive americans led by a moron.

Comment

I never notice the names of the great people I get when playing
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

In another game, I got an jaguar (Aztec UU) for a unit from a military CS. And I wasn't Aztec. Rather amusing, actually.
          Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
          http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Working...
            X