Civ5 GOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ5 GOTY

Game of the year rumours abound, what's true about this.

Also, seriously???

This website is for sale! gamehead.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gamehead.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The game + all DLC's so far... oh boy....

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post

Also, seriously???
      It won. Largely because it was the only major contestant for turn based strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post

Also, seriously???
        I honestly hope not because winning such an award will only encourage them to make more bad games in the future. Then again maybe all the other games suck even worse but Civ5 has been the stinker of the whole series and I've been playing since Civ1. At this point I'm even thinking Civ3 was a better game.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

My "seriously" had more to do with the fact that they already had a newly marketed version with DLC's in it. But yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
            I honestly hope not because winning such an award will only encourage them to make more bad games in the future. Then again maybe all the other games suck even worse but Civ5 has been the stinker of the whole series and I've been playing since Civ1. At this point I'm even thinking Civ3 was a better game.
            To be honest I liked civ 3. Something I always HATED in civ 2 was the long turn times as the AI moved it's units through the railroads in your territory every turn. I thought it was lame that the computer could make moves like that which would be very tedious to the human player, and do it with every unit every turn. In civ 3 with the introduction of cultural borders I found the game to get a lot better. I liked civ 2 but the new ideas brought about in civ 3 made all the difference to me, even if they weren't yet perfected.

I played civ 3 nightly for years. I've played civ 5 for under 100 hours. In my mind, there's no question as to which is the better game.

Comment

I agree with Brael, though civ3 had flaws all over it was still enjoyable for a lot of games and I only quit in disgust when the ridiculous combat system frustrated me to the point of bursting a blood vessel. That was after years of playing and buying the expansion packs. I wouldn't play civ5 if they paid me to do it.
              Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I was not a huge fan of Civ 3, although I spent a fair amount of time playing it. But it had enough new features and addressed enough of the Civ 2 issues that I couldn't go back to playing Civ 2. I only played a little bit of the demo for Civ 5, so you could say I didn't give it a fair chance. But I'd say it makes Civ 4 look better than it did before, in contrast with Civ 3 making Civ 2 look worse. This is the first iteration in the series that I don't see as a real step forward.

Comment

The game has been out for awhile now, and if you go look in the MP forum it kind of sums up how I feel about the game. There's nothing there. It's a boring ghost town. The expansion packs better be fantastic.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yikes I hope they have a GOTY patch to go with it. I am thinking of rolling back to Civ 4 because 5 frustrates me with it's buggyness.

Comment

Still playing tons of Civ IV MP... I just can't get up the interest to start yet another Civ V game where I'm only going to get pissed at one of the many broken elements.

And if they were going to come up with a totally stupid AI, you would have thought they would have at least made a decent effort with MP since a stupid AI isn't an issue...
                      But they couldn't even do that right.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If this is GOTY, it's a sad reflection of the industry as a whole right now

Comment

Working...
                        X