Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization pack planned?

Hi all

I've been looking around trying to find out if there is a combined Civ pack coming out with all the DLC civs.

Buying them one a piece is kinda pricey. Do you think a sale is coming?
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me

Once sales go down, I'm sure they'll repackage and remarket them. Think 5-10 months from now. In the meantime DLC's will keep dripping in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
      Once sales go down, I'm sure they'll repackage and remarket them.
      Yeah, it will be called Civ 5: Test of Time.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yep, they'll try to milk the high prices for as long as they can and only after sales start to fall then they will offer bundle sales to try to entice people to buy who didn't pay the previous higher price.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Are the DLCs any good? I haven't played (or purchased) any of them.
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

They're ok. Mongols were initially too strong but they got nerfed, Babylon is so-so, the Spanish kind of suck, the Incas are good on a mountain map but not so good on any other map, while I haven't played the Polynesians. I hear they're over powered on an island map though I'm sure they'll nerf them in the next patch just like the Mongols got nerfed. The map sets DLC are completely worthless and absolute rip offs; definite do not buys.

Comment

Thanks Oerdin. I guess this server based software code management feature new to Civ 5 is another reason not to like Civ 5. In previous versions, we would go to Apolyton to learn about the changes each patch brought. I remember being in several PBEM games in different patch versions. This way people could play with the rules set they preferred. Sorry to gripe so much, but I guess I have high expectations for the Civilization series. I don't like complete and unilateral changes to my game experience....
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

I've gotten my money's worth out of Civ5 even including the DLC I did buy (special edition of the game for $10 more with the Babylonians and not much else, the Inca & Spanish DLC combo, and the Mongol DLC, but nothing else) but it is without a doubt a highly rushed game with numerous design flaws, a terrible tactical AI, terrible navigation AI, heck just bad AI in general, no good multiplayer options (MP hardly functions even after half a year), but also some really interesting design ideas. Unfortunately the game is so rushed they never had time to decently develop those design ideas so the end result kind of sucks. Another problem is that they wanted to "simplify" the game as much as possible as a design decision and this leaves the game kind of boring as there is so little to do especially given that the game was rushed out the door and several promised features were dropped in the rush so there is even less to do than the designers originally thought. There is so little to do I often find myself hitting end turn over and over again doing nothing else which is boring as hell.

Honestly, it's only a misplaced sense of loyalty to the Civ franchise due to playing it so long (since Civ1) and that I've been posting on Poly for long that even still occasionally fire it up. On balance, some good new ideas which got poorly implemented, a lot of bad design decisions, a rushed game lacking stuff to do and no functioning MP makes me dislike the game though I admit I've gotten a lot of hours of use out of it so I can't complain to loudly. They have kept supporting the game but the amount of time between the patches has gotten longer and longer so support is tailing off; that said in the last patch (released on the 1st of March) they did include new content as well as a long list of bug fixes. Too bad they want to charge $6-$8 for 1-2 game maps which you'll likely use once and forget so that seems like a high price for DLC given the original game was $49.95 and can now be had for around $25.

Comment

Working...
                X