How do you destroy a building spaceship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you destroy a building spaceship

I remember in some version of Civ, you could destroy the progress towards an enemy spaceship by capturing the capital city. I just captured a capital city and it moved the spaceship progress to the new capital city. How can I stop it without going through the hassle of destroying the civ.

Mike

I think you have to hit the component parts when they are enroute to the capital, once they make it there, they're good.
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Or you could take their capital. That worked in one of the late video previews of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
        I remember in some version of Civ, you could destroy the progress towards an enemy spaceship by capturing the capital city. I just captured a capital city and it moved the spaceship progress to the new capital city. How can I stop it without going through the hassle of destroying the civ.

Mike
        I've never done it myself but I understand if you hit a city with two nukes on a single turn then you destroy the city. Just destroy the city.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Taking the captial doesn't work, the spaceship shifts to the new capital. The nuke trick is not correct. I've hit many a city with two nukes in a turn and it doesn't get destroyed.

Mike

Comment

Hmm, then some folks have been telling porky pies on the 2K forum. Not surprising, I guess.

If that is the case then destroying the parts before they get to the capital seems the only way to be sure though nuking cities which are building spaceship parts would help to slow down their construction. Without espionage though it's seems like we'd have to guess which enemy city is building what.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
              Hmm, then some folks have been telling porky pies on the 2K forum. Not surprising, I guess.

If that is the case then destroying the parts before they get to the capital seems the only way to be sure though nuking cities which are building spaceship parts would help to slow down their construction. Without espionage though it's seems like we'd have to guess which enemy city is building what.
              So, if you are not at war but DO have open borders, you could surround an in-transit spaceship part to prevent its movement to the capital. It just has to have been built elsewhere and you have to LOCATE the grappin' thing
              ... and have the units available to isolate it from the capital.

This is the ONLY rationale I can see for non-military units being prohibited from passing through foreign units of any type (other than program coding).

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe View Post
                So, if you are not at war but DO have open borders, you could surround an in-transit spaceship part to prevent its movement to the capital.
                Interesting concept... never thought about that one. I just wonder how fast the stupid AI would close borders with you.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X