Civ 5 graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 5 graphics

This is weird to type since I'm one of the civ 5 haters out there. I see very little to praise the game for, but recently I got to play civ 5 on a 3d monitor with a 580. The game was in 3d mode with everything set to the highest settings. I've played a few games in 3d but now I see the difference in a game that was built for 3d vs simply being converted into 3d. The game looked absolutely stunning.

Everything else about the game aside, this was clearly the way the game was meant to be seen. Prior to this, I thought the visuals in the game were overhyped and honestly just didn't care for them. After seeing it in 3d though, the only complaint I have about the graphics are that Ghengis Khan's horse sticks out of the screen too much.

If you get a chance to play the game on a high end card+3d monitor... do it. Between dx11 and the depth added with 3d it looks like a completely different game.

I didn't even know they had a 3d mode.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Neither did I... but then again, I'm more concerned with playability vs graphics. If they had paid as much attention to the AI as they did to the graphics... it would be better game.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

OTOH the AI and gameplay are things people can address after the SDK release. With a game as complex as any Civ it takes a long time for humans to work out the best strategies (or at least it should), let alone teach an AI to use them.

I can't imagine modders adding 3D support.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Hmm...

My new video card supports 3D, and Amazon have a Samsung 3D monitor less than half price...

This thread might just have got expensive!
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
            Neither did I... but then again, I'm more concerned with playability vs graphics. If they had paid as much attention to the AI as they did to the graphics... it would be better game.
            I agree completely. But the game still looks stunning when the visuals are maxed out. I'm not a person that likes graphics over gameplay but it was still rather impressive. The game just needs a better AI and some more efficient coding (really, it should run better than it does), along with a few other things. They certainly got the visual aspect down right though.

Comment

I only use strategic view. Am not bothered about the graphics.

Comment

Working...
              X