Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see Hull finally makes it to the list of English cities!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feckin' 'Ull!

Kingston upon Hull may be 'worthy' of inclusion, but why is Berwick on the list? We stole that from the Scots after all. We might as well add Caernarvon to the list too....

And on that note, why do the Greeks, Romans, and other nations of antiquity get to keep most of their colonies (and some conquests), when we're left solely with a small border town and an insignificant bit of Swansea?

Comment

Hey, don't diss my home city! That's my job

Look Mr "York", just because you're second on the list doesn't mean you should forget about us who are further down.

But yeah, my reasoning why Hull should be higher are the same reasons why Manchester should be higher...it's the second most important English city (probably British), and I'm sorry Birmingham, but nothing happens there!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

York was also interesting in that it was one city that made several civ's city lists, at least in civ2 (English: York, Viking: Jorvik, Roman: Eburacum).
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Birmingham was the powerhouse of the industrial revolution. Ugly though.

But they should have left out Hull, and stuck to just Newcastle. At least they have men that can hold their liqueur.

Comment

Blackpool does have a better football team.

Although I doubt that was a consideration, just thought I'd point that out.
            Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
            http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
              Birmingham was the powerhouse of the industrial revolution. Ugly though.

But they should have left out Hull, and stuck to just Newcastle. At least they have men that can hold their liqueur.
              You've never been to Hull anyway. Besides, Hull men drink beer, not "liqueur". And we are better with the cold. Our swimming pools are filled with liquid nitrogen and we still find them a bit "fookin 'ot".

Originally posted by Boracks View Post
              Blackpool does have a better football team.
              Yeah, they are doing very well. They are just doing what Hull did a few years previously
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Hull Famous for what?>

Oh it's at the End of The M62 and as a Big Bridge and smells O Fish

As to my home town We get mentioned enough on the news anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                  You've never been to Hull anyway.
                  Yes I have been there, four or five times, to catch the ferry to do a tour on my motorcycle on the continent. But I desperately try to suppress the memories of Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                    You've never been to Hull anyway. Besides, Hull men drink beer, not "liqueur". And we are better with the cold. Our swimming pools are filled with liquid nitrogen and we still find them a bit "fookin 'ot".
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                    X