Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can CiV be loaded on more than one computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can CiV be loaded on more than one computer?

I looked around but couldn't find the answer.

I was going to put it on my laptop, but I can't remember my password (for now); which leaves my desktop. I just want to be sure that I can put it on my laptop once I remember my password if I have already put it on my desktop.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

I'm pretty sure that you can do this, and the practice has a name: "piracy."

Seriously, this is the same answer with MS Office or any software. Your license generally is for one machine. You can install on a new machine only if you uninstall from the first.

Steam and Civ 5 may even go beyond it being illegal and may actually detect and prohibit installation on 2 machines.

Comment

Actually with Steam you can install it to as many (i think?) computers as you want to but only play on 1 at the time, I installed mine on multiple computers.

Allowed by Steam

Can I use my Steam account on other computers?

You may use your Steam account on any machine which can connect to the Steam network - Steam allows you to download and install any games registered to your account as soon as you log in.

Comment

Two responses... two completely different answers. Probably a good thing I ask the question.

FYI- I will only be playing it on one computer at a time.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

This is good side of steam, I'm considering of purchasing Civ4 complete there despite already owning C4 + expansions (not C4Col though). Just in case I really really need to get it my C4 fix someday somewhere and I won't be having the discs in hand.

Comment

Julian is correct. You can have it on multiple machines but you're only allowed to be using it on one machine at a time. Even though technically, using the off-line mode you can violate that rule. But for multi-play, it stops you.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I play on two different machines all the time. Steam allows it, but only one machine at a time.

Mike

Comment

Yes. You need to log out of Steam on machine A before you are allowed to log in to it on machine B--i.e. you may only be logged in to one machine at any moment.
                Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

Working...
                X