How Long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long?

Until you can attack someone after telling them you're just passing through. I may have been passing through to attack someone else, but when I'm done, you're next and I don't like being called a liar.

Mike

forever. might change with the patch though?

Comment

That's just stupid, but thanks, I'll just ignore it.

Comment

I love when they build a city right on your border, and then a few turns later whine about how you have troops on their border, even though you haven't moved any troops there, but just a city garrison.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Or when they sail from another continent past your territory and complain about your units
          Last edited by Supr49er; December 14, 2010, 16:41. Reason: Added Smiley
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Those issues are being looked at. (rumor has it)
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh, so THAT's why the guy I declared war on said "you broke your word!" to me. I had told him I was "just passing through" (when indeed, my units at the time were just set up in a defensive posture on my side of the border - I had nowhere near enough strength to actually invade). That was an entire era - maybe 2 - before I finally did declare war.

So the message is to keep your units well back from any borders. Unless you're the AI, of course, and you get to march your units mindlessly around along the border.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It's a ridiculous 'feature' of the AI.

I treat the appearance of this demand by the AI as casus belli and use the DOW option.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

It wouldn't be a problem if it had a certain duration & then wore off. I get what they're trying to do with that feature, but it sucks right now.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The other part of it sucking is that the AI can do it to the player, but the player cannot do it to the AI. I am not sure if the AI does it to the AI.

It smacks of artificial crutches for the AI and hints at all AI civs vs human strategy by the programmers. Booo, hssssss.

I've noticed other hints of possible AI design to slow down the human, but I have not spent the time to run them down. The hints that I've seen are that it is common for the AI to ally with available maritime civs shortly after a war with the human starts. The result of this is -60 relations with the CS from the point that peace is made with it. In a certain light it strikes me as a scorched earth strategy for AI that are about to go down.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm almost certain the movement restrictions are ignored by the computer. I know they have successfully attacked me in my teritory with the Great Wall, where I couldn't reach them on that turn.

Comment

Working...
                      X