I like Civ 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Civ 5

With all the negative comments on the board, I thought a honest but positive opinion should be heard for those you look at the board before buying the game. I believe this is the best Civ out of the box yet. I really like the throw back to hexes and no SODs. It gives it a much more tactical element to wars. I also like the bigger variety for the unigue features of each leader. I find that the balance between happiness, money, production and intellectual progress to be much better than any previous version. It is easily worth the money.

Mike

I agree. To start with I wasn't too sure about the changes but the more I play the more I'm liking it it. As you say one of the best features is that each leader is significantly different. I tended to play previous versions in pretty much the same way every time, now each civ requires a different style making it all much more interesting.

To start with it seemed odd having a much smaller army but I enjoying that too now - Wellington style wars of maneuver rather than WW1 trench warfare or the ridiculous SoD, etc. Obviously some areas still need work but already best of the 5 IMO.

Comment

I like that pace of the game is much quicker. I was annoyed waiting for a technology or unit to be unblock. Now the gameplay is much more smooth for me.

Comment

I like it too, but find it much easier to put it aside in the middle of a game.

Welcome to Apolyton KatieRowe
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Like it much too.

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
            I really like the throw back to hexes and no SODs.
            Back to hexes?
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
            certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
              Back to hexes?
              I'm old school enough to remember when war gaming was done on tabletops and always hexes. In fact that was one of the things I disliked about Civ II.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mkorin View Post
                I'm old school enough to remember when war gaming was done on tabletops and always hexes. In fact that was one of the things I disliked about Civ II.

Mike
                Absolutely! Hexes are much better for us traditional 'real' war gamers.
                Though my first war game, Tactics II, used squares.

Comment

I really like all the changes they had done in Civ 5. I love the City States its like once you learn the things you can do with them its great! Plus the way you can now puppet a city and also the way it takes several turns to raze a city those are good changes.
                  -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Working...
                  X