Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another tech victory, never fired a shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another tech victory, never fired a shot!

I completed a standard map game on king level. I managed to stay out of war the entire game and finish off in the end with a tech victory. I took a full diplomatic approach through the whole game, not firing a shot. A couple small wars broke out but I stood out and kept vertically building up my cities. I eventually ended up with about 4 powerhouse production cities and a few other basic cities. What I did do, was give most of my units away to city states so they can hold out to a warmongering civ. It was to the point where I was building units just to give them away. I even gave one of the CS a battleship and they were having fun with it! So I was like since they like that so much I going to send them some more toys They used everything I sent them and that warmonger civ (who was japan btw) was struggling to take them. They eventually did toward the end of the game but it delayed their expansion and my spaceship said cya. This one goes down as yet another fun one!
    -PrinceBimz-

As long as your army is neither the strongest in the world nor so weak that the AI sees you as easily conquerable, it's easy enough to stay out of wars.
    Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

When I used to play Civ 4 someone would always seem to attack me especially at higher levels and sometimes for no reason! Nice to know it is actually possible to avoid wars now. I had an ok military so guess it was good enough to keep me out of harm's way.
      -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Originally posted by Ijuin View Post
        As long as your army is neither the strongest in the world nor so weak that the AI sees you as easily conquerable, it's easy enough to stay out of wars.
        I just experienced the "strongest army" side of this problem. I was trying to be a pacifist, and near the end game, got the "Your army is weak" speech from Lizzy. So, I decided to kick up the production machine and create an ARMY. Well, I went from small to huge pretty darn fast, and then my good buddy Darius (whom I had been pretty much friends with the entire game...) suddenly gives me the "Your warmongering can't be tolerated..." DOW. Immediately 3 other civs DOW'd me, and within 3 turns I was at war with EVERYONE.

What is interesting is that I never had a conflict in the whole game, up til the time that DARIUS DOW'd me. So how does that make me a warmonger????
        There is nothing more dangerous than a large group of naive americans led by a moron.

Comment

I played a Deity game where I was the shrimp. I was sandwiched among the Americans, Japanese and Russians. I had a front row seat watching the carpet of death swarm over the map killing each other. None ever touched me (as far as I went).

It isn't just being largest or smallest that triggers these things. It is possible to have close cities, be weak, and not be attacked. At least to the point I went. I kept playing to see how far I could go before being wiped out, but that is the one game where I came across a hang that prevented going beyond a certain turn.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

are those kinda hangs a known unknown?

back on topic.
            i find it hard not to use force at some point in the game, perhaps its my tolerance levels for whats acceptable behaviour from my neighbors has decreased, especially when they start given me bad eyes over the cultural line and throwing me shapes all over the place.

Comment

Working...
            X