Fractal maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractal maps

what are they all about? are all parameters randomized?

Fractal:

A geometric pattern that is repeated at ever smaller scales to produce irregular shapes and surfaces that cannot be represented by classical geometry. Fractals are used especially in computer modeling of irregular patterns and structures in nature.

Map(s):

n.
    a.A representation, usually on a plane surface, of a region of the earth or heavens.
    b.Something that suggests such a representation, as in clarity of representation.
    There is nothing more dangerous than a large group of naive americans led by a moron.

Comment

Hey, Iola, pedantic bull**** belongs here.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
        Hey, Iola, pedantic bull**** belongs here.
        and I was half expecting that to be Ben Kenobi's inbox.
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

OK, the definition of maps is over the top.

Otherwise, shove it.
          There is nothing more dangerous than a large group of naive americans led by a moron.

Comment

I understood that definition perfectly.

It was sufficient, and clear, and was only lacking a link to a wikipedia article on fractals. Defining the word map was a bit silly, but oh well.

Also, if you don't know what a map looks like, try it out?

Comment

I've tried a few fractal maps. I think they are broken. It seems like resources have not been adjusted since sometime in Civ4, and fractals were never generous (as I recall).

A large continent with two civs had one source of iron good for two units. Broken.

I'm not sure of the coding behind fractal maps, but they generally resulted in an interesting mix of large and small continents. As I said earlier, the idea went off the rails sometime in the development of 4. The resources went out of whack and obviously have not been fixed.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
              X