No announcement yet.

Some peace offers are great, but the AI doesn't make use of the time it buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some peace offers are great, but the AI doesn't make use of the time it buys

I receive very good peace offers that I'll often accept instead of going after another city, but I find that the AI is unable to use the time that it buys with the offer. After about 45 turns the resources and gold expires and I'm usually looking for another expansion because happiness is suddenly dragged down (and I haven't prepared with happiness buildings). But do I encounter an AI that is able to better withstand an attack? No.

The AI even recognizes me as threat, but then, he suddenly asked me about the troops I have placed near his borders (there weren't so many, most of them were placed a few tiles away) and if I wanted to declare war. Actually I didn't at this time, but since Gandhi was asking, I couldn't say no and attack 10-20 turns later. I'm wondering: Why ask such a question that possibly forces me to declare immediately when he's not prepared at all to fight another time. That question would allow him to do a crucial first strike, but he failed to make use of it.

Difficulty level is Prince or King, I don't remember.

typical.
    there are other problems with diplo ai. while i grew to appreciate some of the subtle improvements made in 5, it could use some tweaking. it takes it wayyyy to long to start considering my peace proposals, even when it is clear that it is going down really fast. in addition, if i pledge to protect a cs and you nevertheless attack it, you better be ready for something more than a suicidal mission.

Comment

Working...
    X