Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MrGameTheory's Perfect Civ V strategy guide....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrGameTheory's Perfect Civ V strategy guide....

Welll holyy ****... The great newb god of the West shines upon thee. Lestat bring out the gimp because even the less fortunate deserve to gaze upon his greatness.

IT IS I!!!! THE ONE....THE ONLY.... M...G....T....

I have come to quantum leap the community to the pinnacle of evolution... Are thou prepared?

Lets cuts through the garbage... initially plant near 3+ trees or on top of a luxury resource???????? I take those trees....... +13 production per tree with your initial worker is amazing.....Newbletss.

Plant .... to a logically defensible degree.... all of your initially settlers on luxury resources..... Why????? Well you need happiness to make more cities do you???????? Well a new city is 3 unhappiness.... But if you plant on a new luxury its +2 happiness after the first -3 unhappiness...

IS the golden age worth it?????????????????? noooooo it is not.............. Yes you can plant your first 3 settlers on luxuries and get the 12-15 happiness but mathematically is it worth it to plant the next 4-7 settlers after golden age or before????????? No it is not.... Plant them now...Waiting 6-15 turns to plant after the golden age is not worth it....... By golden age I am referring to the golden age from happiness.. I used to wait to plant cities after I reached the happiness golden age, but found out that it is not worth it to wait unless you have lots of close luxuries to your capital..... When you do plant those cities switch production to warriors so that you can upgrade those warriors to swordsmen. ... It costs only 60 gold to upgrade warriors to swordsmen... Those swordsmen are strong so make sure that you rush iron so that you can plant on iron so you have the iron to upgrade your warriors to swordmen and rush your opponent... No you do not need to improve luxuries instead you should plant on luxury/strategic resources so that you can use your initial worker to cut trees.... Unless you have 3 calendar luxuries you should rush to swords first so that you can terminate your opponent quickly. If you have 3 or more calendar luxuries then rush calendar and better ensure victory with more cities.

What social policies should you take??????? First get the +50% settler bonus than go straight for the +33 attack in culture bonus.. This better secures victory by being able to revert to a defensive strategy if things get ****ty and getting the +1 production is not worth it when your only going to be getting +10-+15 production and losing even 1 addition unit a turn will prove the 33% bonus to be better… That is 3 social policies away and is a France strategy..... If you do not have France then just go for the +50% settler bonus. If you get the oracle then grab the wonder production bonus social policy to better ensure a point victory.

When you plant a new settler it is generally worth it to plant near trees and a mountain so that you can stay 1 population and work the hill for 2 production ----- 2 capital production and 2 hill production is 4 production for 3 unhappiness..... Think about it... If you grow to 2 population in your city your second population must work food "normally" in order to pay for the 3rd populations production... But if you stay at 1 population you can conserve happiness to build more settlers to plant and get more points to ensure a point victory.... I will only allow a city to go to 2 population if I need the city to produce settlers.

The only buildings that are worth pursuing is the coliseum and I will only build them if I believe it will come down to a point victory in an 80-120 turn game.

After swordsmen go for horsemen, unless you have a city with 4+ trees around it that you can chop the great library to get those long swordsmen.. Pikes are not valued correctly and not worth it.

Only go for Stonehenge if you believe it will come down to points or if you believe you can also chop the pyramids in the same city. You will then use the great engineer to instantly build the great wall so that you can better secure a victory by making it very difficult for your opponent to take your cities.

Do not build roads unless it is absolutely necessary. You need to conserve your gold so that you can upgrade warriors to swordsmen’s. Buildings are too expensive and that is why you should not build them. Coliseums are only worth it if its a point race.

In combat you want to create artificial bottlenecks with your settler placements so that there are only 1-2 entrances to attack cities. Instead of having to defend your cities you can bait your opponents to take your cities and pinch their military units. If they take your cities than you simply take the city back from the back and that will cause them to instantly lose the city and the military unit they used to take the city.

Archers are secondary to horsemen/swordsmen and should generally only be used if its going to be a mostly defense game.

The only promotion that you should be using is the insta heal unless you have archers because the 20% bonus is bugged and actually does 2-3 additional damage with all ranged attacks. 2 archers behind a city can secure that you can take it back whenever it is taken.

Your initial workers should only be used to chop trees because it only takes 2 turns to chop and get a fast +6 - +13 production. After you have chopped all of the right trees you can improve horse resources and the 1 mountain your cities are working. You should also plant your cities on iron and horse instead of having to wait to improve them. If you can't plant on an iron resources you need to quickly work an iron resource with a worker so you can start upgrading your warriors.

Without question France is the best leader because you can get that 33% defense bonus.

Settlers cost less than 30 hammers so its worth it to lose a city if it means you can kill a swordsmen or horsemen.

Attacking first is key in Civilization V so always work for creating bottle necks which gives you that fast attack advantage. When building cities try to build them in a line towards your opponent so that if it comes down to it you can road them and save money to kill your opponent faster. 1-2 fast swordsmen can take several of your opponents cities. When attacking cities always go for their cities on iron resources so that they can't upgrade swordsmen. After they have lost their swordsmen you shouldn't have any serious problems with taking their other cities or their capital if its a 1v1. If its not a 1v1 than raze all of their cities and don't focus as much on taking their capital as opposed to finishing off the player by destroying their production.

Whenever you get a great general you want to use it for an instant golden age so that you can use the excess production and gold to upgrade swordsmen…

Having ended my Pro civ V career 25-0 --- undefeated ------I have decided to retire from point whoring and so I am only playing non serious/fun games. I wrote almost all of this strategy guide the first few days after Civ V came out, but since I have to focus on RL priorities I have decided to post this so that when I come back there will be more competition.

In the future, if you ever want to play a fun or unique setting feel free to drop me a line…

On the 7th day God didn't rest... He made MGT to hold back all those newb rebellions so that it could go on vacation...

PEACE

MrGT, can you structure your narrative a bit? that would be helpful

Comment

Your legendary ego self-massage did not fail to disappoint.

Comment

MP is fubared until it gets city elimination limits in. Too cheap and easy to rebuild lost cities.

That said, all you need is a drive for the capital.

Comment

MTG
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
          X