How well is Civ 5 selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming View Post
    And I know people who won't buy games unless they are available from places like Steam online... While it may cost them some sales on one hand, it might generate more sales on the other. I still have to chuckle about some of the "complaints" about steam. While it's not my prefered provider (I always liked D2D far better), I just don't see it as the Devil that many want to make it out to be.
    That person is me, actually.

I really don't much like D2D, though.
    Last edited by jnh140; November 9, 2010, 01:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
      Gee... I'm hard headed because I believe in facts and reality... Well I guess I'm hard headed then... but then what does that make you
      This exchange has been rather bizarre. Wodan seems to be missing the forest for the trees here. Given the slow, long road to getting digital distribution of PC games into a not-quite mainstream position, and the tech-luddite resistance from so many to giving up their precious installation discs, there is NO explanation for the industry pushing it more and more until it hit a sort of tipping point this past year or so with a number of massive AAA titles not just having digital distribution as an option, but now being permanently tied to online systems even if you do buy the disc other than it being more profitable to push people to digital purchases. Maybe it's not "HUGELY CHEAPER", but it's clearly "somewhat cheaper" or they simply wouldn't be doing it - spending all that time arguing like Rumsfeld about known unknowns and unknown unknowns was beyond odd.

Comment

Guess I'm just an "odd" guy.

Comment

Working...
        X