Where is the best place to complain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the best place to complain?

(1) I've been having graphics problems with the game for awhile. Spontaneously the map will develop radiating colored streaks that appear only when over a part of the map. Move away from the area and the streaks disappear. Sometimes I can zoom in and the streaks will disappear.
    (2) I'm having frequent problems loading a saved game. After selecting the game to load it attempts to load for about a minute or two then I get a Data Execution Prevention message. It was infrequent, but now I can't load that game at all.
    (3) At the 146th turn on a huge continent map as the Americans I found a city. Evidently the program has run out of names for American cities, because it names the city "Le Bam" - and then freezes.
    I need to have a word with Steam, Firaxis or whoever about the quality of their work.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

I get number 1, it's probably a video memory or RAM problem (not having enough).

It's such a tiny problem it doesn't even bother me, it's just if you move around a large map too quickly.

Comment

My guess is that 2K forums is the best place. They are the publisher and have official Civ V forum.

The biggest problem on my list is COD when in strategic map mode. It happens randomly...
      The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
      certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
      -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Random crashes are the worst for me. Sometimes it will run fine for 200 turns sometimes only 1...

I even tried lowering the gfx settings to the lowest possible with no joy... I am running it on a GTX 275 lols.
        Never had to turn down detail before.

Comment

Where is the best place to complain?
          Nowhere. Sit back and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegrim View Post
            I get number 1, it's probably a video memory or RAM problem (not having enough).

It's such a tiny problem it doesn't even bother me, it's just if you move around a large map too quickly.
            My system more than matches the recommended system requirements. I have a Quad Core 2.6 ghz with 6 GB RAM, and a 9800XT nVidia card.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
            X