Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let this empire last for a thousand years....or more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let this empire last for a thousand years....or more!

Has anyone figured out exactly how the golden age length is determined?
    My current game is: King difficulty , marathon speed playing Darius. I also built the chicken pizza wonder so theoretically my golden ages should be 2xturns longer than the default length.

My first GA was without the wonder, triggered by excessive happiness and lasted 30 turns.

Second GA triggered by a Great General after building the wonder (did it just to see how many turns i will get) gave me 32 turns only.

The third golden age however was triggered by Taj Mahal and it lasted an astonishing(thats the longest i have seen anyway) length of 100 turns!

After that i had ,as expected, GA that were smaller in length each time and i was also dissapointed by the triggering of a 12 turn GA for entering the rationalism tree. Another paradox, 12 turns was not double of what it said it would give me. The social policy says it gives a dissapointing 4(?) turn GA, however i got 12.

So i had several other GA's during my game and i am ridiculously ahead of the competition but i think i have said quite enough.Can anyone explain how golden age length works? one thing is for sure..Taj Mahal GA length is independent but i don't know about the other ways of triggering GA's.
    no more turns...

Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	9089439

Here is a screenshot of my game..
    no more turns...

Comment

I encountered this during beta testing, but seems it wasn´t fixed. I think it´s "just" bugged, not something you/we are missing there.

I had 100 turn GAs instead of sth like 12 as well for no apparent reason.

Comment

I haven't played on Marathon yet, but on Epic I run into the same sort of things, and I assumed they were by design.

Generally, the Rationalism GA is about 1/2 the length of a standard happiness GA. The first Great Leader GA lasts a little longer than a happiness GA. The Taj Mahal GA is about double a standard GA. Not sure how they decided how long each would last, but of course if you add in the Chichen Itza you can get some really long ones. The idea of a 100 turn marathon GA is pretty exciting, I think the longest I've managed is 38 turns with the Taj Mahal and GG combined.
        What's up, hot dog?

Comment

I thought that wonder only did a 50% increase. At normal speed the assisted Taj GA is 22 turns instead of the regular 15.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes it's 50% from the wonder and another 50% from playing Darius...
            no more turns...

Comment

Ah, didn't notice the original Darius mention. I actually haven't played him yet.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by fani View Post
                Yes it's 50% from the wonder and another 50% from playing Darius...
                50% from the base or the end? I know Taj is 15, 22 with Itza. With Darius, would it be 29 or 33?
                Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

I had a Darius + Chitzen Itza + Piety (forget the specific policy within Piety) game the other night where I got into nearly-permanent Golden Age, popping out Great Artists and Generals while still in the Taj GA long enough to make it last over 100 turns. Admittedly, it was a max-cheese game where I could have just stomped the AIs flat but I was going for a cultural victory.

Comment

Working...
                  X