Unit Maintenance Costs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jobe View Post
    By deleting a worker you basically exchange future production for the gold you´d have paid for each worker during the turns from worker deletion to construction of a new one. Sadly the game favors such behaviour.
    I think that 1) Workers should not be free, so that you do not make infinite amount of them, but 2) They are should be cheap enough to maintain some amount of them. May be 1g per worker without increase as time goes?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by jshelr View Post
      Yup, the worker thing is definitely annoying. You tend to capture them during combat and, at least in the games I've played so far, the workers tend to complete their jobs relatively early in the game. In earlier versions of civ it seemed to me that the game was balanced from this viewpoint. A "normal" number of workers would have new things to do right up to the point where railroads were completed. They are very very expensive now. So, while "delete" feels like "kill" to me and it's wrong to kill your buddies, you have to do it.
      I think the removal of the population cost mitigates this. It's not like it feels like you're killing military units if you disband them.

Anyway, I'd always have worker boredom problems. In previous games, I'd road every tile in my territory and then fortify a stack of about 10 (or a stack of about 30 in Civ3). Forcing me to disband them is a trade off. I don't do it unless I'm convinced I need to, but do it if I do have the need. Then I build some more when railroads kick in (or an emergency happens).
      Beer is proof that God loves you and wants you to be happy - Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X