"Biggest Bug in Civ V" - by MrGameTheory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Biggest Bug in Civ V" - by MrGameTheory

Hello all, It is I, your friend and hero. The one.... The only... MrGameTheory....

Since I am ranked #1 in the world at Civilization V and I am undefeated in the Civ V league at (civplayers.com).... I have decided to teach the entire Civilization V world about the biggest bug in Civ V.

*Fine Print*

I discovered this bug yesterday while testing out a strategy. This is without question the biggest bug in Civ V. I am only releasing this bug to the general public because I do not need it to win. I have already proven myself as the best and don't ever want to be considered a cheater or someone who needs to break the rules to get ahead. I hate bugs and even though I talk a lot of , there is a fine line between talking / being an and using bugs to win. People who use bugs are despicable. I am releasing this bug because noone deserves an unfair advantage and if 1 person uses this bug than everyone should be able to use this bug. Once again I never, even once, for even a second, used this bug in a ladder match or counted match of any kind.

*The Bug*

This is an infinity city population bug. With this bug you can have a 1 population city on the outside, but on the inside it can have 35 population and be bringing in 50 hammers and gold etc.

First you need to raise a cities population to a given number, lets say 4. Once you get to 4 population you need to starve the city. Take all of your population off food and only work lets say mountains. Now its vital to the bug to set 1 citizen as a citizen. So the citizen is bringing in only 1 hammer. Now the next step is to manually lock each mountain in place. After the population starves down to 1 population, click the city and you will see that you are still working 4 places as if you are a 4 population city. Now... You can than regrow your city by unlocking 1 or 2 of the mountains and repeat the process, thus making a population 1 city on the outside, a 35 population city on the inside.....

You can do this to every city. This is very important because of the happiness issue. Now instead of having 37 unhappiness from a 35 population city.... You now have only 3 unhappiness for a 1 population city on the outside that is really a 35 population city on the inside.... This can artificially make a 35 population city.... 100x faster.... than it would take for the city to naturally get to 35 population.

I AM PROMETHEUS... I BRING FIRE TO THE PEOPLE....

Last edited by MrGameTheory; October 4, 2010, 01:44.

Interesting bug.

I don't know that it required quite this level of own-horn tooting, but a curious bug to be sure.

Comment

Well, at least they can fix it in a patch but me thinks you protest too much. I'd bet money you've been using this on ladder games. That's what my intuition tells me.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

How much money?..... But it is not like I can prove it...

I posted this bug in hopes that people would trust me and not think I am a cheater. If I really was a cheater I would have just told no one and kept it a secret and no one would have ever discovered it..... I use strategic loopholes, not bugs. I manipulate games mechanics the way they were designed, but in unforeseen ways.. People who use bugs are pathetic and I am too brilliant to ever need to stoop so low as to need to use bugs to beat anyone. If I had to use bugs to beat people than in all honesty, I would feel like a cheater and I am too damn smart to have to resort to doing actions that would make me feel that way.

The reality is that I know I am a better Civilization V player than everyone else in the world and I don’t need to use bugs to win. That is why all of this is soooo funny.... I am probably the only person in the world that would not keep this bug a secret.. This is the perfect bug to keep secret because no one can determine it is being used and it guarantees victory to the player who uses it if they are the only person using it..... And that is why I am the person who was allowed to discover it.
        Last edited by MrGameTheory; October 4, 2010, 03:28.

Comment

EoN ?
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Not.
            MGT is a different guy.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the bug!
              I'm happy that you have a lot of self confidence as well
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Troll much?
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Ouch. That was a nasty bug. Not to be surprised you managed to get, what, 16 cities by turn 50 the other day. Thanks for reporting it.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This bug is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch.

Comment

I've never seen any bugs in Civ5. Not even in the jungle! *queue lame joke drums*

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                        *queue lame joke drums*
                        . . .
                        J l J

(It's really hard to make notes with letters, but if you look at it hard enough, you can see them)

Comment

Originally posted by jobe View Post
                          This bug is supposed to be fixed in an upcoming patch.
                          jobe,

Do you have a link or a cite for this bug being fixed? Thanks.
                          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
                          -- Kosh

Comment

Originally posted by Petek View Post
                            jobe,

Do you have a link or a cite for this bug being fixed? Thanks.
                            Not officially announced, yet.

Comment

And frankly I'm not sure it's wise to announce it yourself.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X