No announcement yet.

Has anyone encountered this situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone encountered this situation?

This isn't a problem I've run across, not as such. I'd just like a definite answer to a question so I don't waste time and turns finding out it's the wrong answer.

What happens in the following hypothetical scenario?

My civilization has 4 cities. Cities 1 and 2 have barracks. 3 and 4 do not. I have enough money, purchase barracks in both 3 and 4, and have city 1 start constructing the Heroic Epic now that I have barracks in all my cities. Before it finishes, I plop down a settler and create city # 5, which has nothing. Does the Heroic Epic continue building, does construction cease until I build or buy a barracks in city 5, or does construction just end with all progress lost?
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

It will cease production...
    I had the same situations with libraries and this special college you can build with libraries in all cities...
    I finished building a settler and started with the college...
    2 turns later said settler founded a city.
    Production of the college immediately stopped and I had to choose another thing to produce

I´m not sure if I could have saved the production if I had immediately bought a library for the new founded city, however
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

This is one feature that I can say unequivocally that I do NOT like.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
        I´m not sure if I could have saved the production if I had immediately bought a library for the new founded city, however
        IN my experience you cannot. You'll start from scratch the next time around even in the same city, even only a short time later.

Basically it's almost impossible to build national wonders unless you're done expanding and can stay at peace for long periods of time. Even taking over and razing an enemy city will stop production, unless they happen to have that building in the city you raze.

I don't suppose puppet states apply so at least there'd be that option.
        What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by jnh140 View Post
          This is one feature that I can say unequivocally that I do NOT like.
          Amen to that brother.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
            IN my experience you cannot. You'll start from scratch the next time around even in the same city, even only a short time later.

Basically it's almost impossible to build national wonders unless you're done expanding and can stay at peace for long periods of time. Even taking over and razing an enemy city will stop production, unless they happen to have that building in the city you raze.

I don't suppose puppet states apply so at least there'd be that option.
            Not even if you raze them immediately? That truely sucks
            Sounds like the only real good chance to build such a building would be,
            if you do it at the beginning of a golden age
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'm pretty sure production spent gets saved. I had a national wonder being built, and then I forgot it and settled another city. When I restarted the production right after, after having rush bought the required building, it continued where it left off as far as I could determine.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                Not even if you raze them immediately? That truely sucks
                Razing a city means annexing it (it is now in the occupied state) and watching with glee while the population shrinks. The really fun bit is when a large city (which takes some time to raze) actually pops while ablaze.

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
                  Basically it's almost impossible to build national wonders unless you're done expanding and can stay at peace for long periods of time.
                  One can use engineer for that...
                  The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
                  certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
                  -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...
                  X