scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scenarios

It seems to me that the potential for complex and interesting scenario's has just gone up.

Imagine a WW2 style Normandy or Market Garden map, where you really have to manoeuver and position for an optimal advantage.

Or better yet, multiple maps within the same scenario. For example, you could play Caesar's conquest. Each map would have specific objectives (displace the locals, take over and settle the remaining land, divide and conquer the germanic/celtic tribes through diplomacy, extensive trading to please the Roman homeland)

What's more, if you could take your units with you from one map to the other (like in Panzer General) you could grow affectionate of your army. Convert local tribesman to be a part of your army and keep them happy, so that at some point they forget they were never Roman to begin with. As it happened.

If you could choose which "map" you would attack first, it would have an impact on the rest of the game as a whole. If you would lose or stalemate one map, you could recuperate in a different one. Similarly, imagine flanking Spain by having conquered Morroco first, and France second. That way the game would allow you to come in both from the North and South in Spain, so that you would have an advantage due to your earlier success. Did you manage to conquer the Benelux *and* Bretagne? Attack England from the South and East.

Decide whether you expand through collaboration with the natives, cultural superiority, military force, or a combination of all.

I'm sure they're already working on something like this at Firaxis. After all, expansions are $$$, major patches are not.

My guess is that in an expansion culture will be used as a means to 'buy' foreign cities to operate as puppet states, perhaps combined with a religious motive. Remember, religion is not just the immaterial stuff we can only have faith in, it's also a part of our daily practices. Bikinis are more christian than muslim, for example. (Firaxis, given your aptitude for graphic beauty, can we please have young women sunbathing on those glorious beaches? Also, please allow me to zoom in a few levels more )

The way things work with Civ3 and Civ4, in Civ5 we'll be offered a variety of DLC Civ's first (the Dutch, the Spanish, the mighty San Marino civilization etc.) at $5 each. No doubt they'll have some OP ability which would entice us to dig in. I'll skip those and hit the first major expansion, which probably will contain more modern age units and a number of scenarios.

Prepare yourself for the Roman/Mongolian/Arab/American/Colonial/Religious expansion packs.

They'll probably add espianoge back into the game in an expansion too. That seems to be the way of things.
    I don't know what I've been told!
    Deirdre's got a Network Node!
    Love to press the Buster Switch!
    Gonna nuke that crazy witch!

Comment

Working...
    X