The AI is retarded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AI is retarded.

I've taken 6 out of 8 cities, I have over a dozen units to their zero units, I offer peace and the AI refuses. The dumb ****s are literally facing annihilation yet they refuse an extremely generous offer of peace. The AI is worthless and stupid.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

This is the umpteenth post on the same topic.
    But yes, you are right. I have just quit the game in which Darius declared war on me, lost a city, is about to lose several more and is still refusing to negotiate peace.
    By the way, he lost the city because he first declared a war, then sent his substantial army like a bunch of wallabies to my fortified cities and the citadel. They were all slaughtered.
    I hated SODs, but this is really, really stupid.

Comment

Actually, I enjoyed SODs, busting those 100+ AI stacks is one of the high points in Civ IV.

Comment

At leat those massive AI stacks could actually take a city. That doesn't happen even on the second highest difficulty setting.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          At leat those massive AI stacks could actually take a city. That doesn't happen even on the second highest difficulty setting.
          Occasionally they can...
          I have seen the AI take over several city states...and they also are able to take over each others cities.
          (well, Siam even took over his whole continent, defeating several other AIs in the process)
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

On deity AI vs AI combat can get quite nasty and cities get exchanged fast.
            I've seen coordinated assault by Monty and Nebu on Suleiman taking over all of Suleimans cities in like 10 turns or so.

Talking about SOD - it could've been fixed in a much easier way - by introducing stacking penalties (e.g. -10% combat effectiveness for each unit past 2) and making AI aware of this penalty, so that it splits up the stack somewhat.
            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

think it's more fun when they put a peace offer, where I'm supposed to give them stuff, when they don't have an army or anything left.

but I think the hight of annoyance vs the AI was when I was fighting Monty, and he had destroyed the greek, so when I take Athens from him, I can choose to liberate the greek, and I think hmm nice. they were friendly with me before Monty killed them, so lets liberate.

and a few turns later I get a message from Alexander, "Oh it's you ?, I mistook you for a barbarian scum, I hope you go away soon." or something similiar.

Comment

Originally posted by binTravkin View Post

Talking about SOD - it could've been fixed in a much easier way - by introducing stacking penalties (e.g. -10% combat effectiveness for each unit past 2) and making AI aware of this penalty, so that it splits up the stack somewhat.
                Or they could have introduced something similar to the stacked combat in Civ: CtP,
                where stacked combat would really resemble some kind of battle between armies
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Choles View Post
                  and a few turns later I get a message from Alexander, "Oh it's you ?, I mistook you for a barbarian scum, I hope you go away soon." or something similiar.
                  one facepalm just doesn't cut it...

Comment

Working...
                  X