Economic Advisor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic Advisor????

Just loving this game, but there are a couple of things I can't find on the interface. Took me 3 days to notice the unit list in the drop down in the top left corner that will actually let me see where units are, and what they're doing. This alleviated the frustration I had with trying to access units from the Military Advisor. (Which seems to not be very useful all by itself)

So, just in case I'm missing something that's been hidden behind the drapes, I'll ask here:

Is there an easier way to see resources available from civs and city states?

If no, then I guess here's my attempt at making a wish to the Dev Gods:

Please provide an economic advisor that shows which resources are owned by wich civilizations and city states. (Once they've been discovered of course)
    In that screen, please provide a diplomacy indicator that shows which of these resources would satisfy a city state.
    Also provide a cultural indicator that shows which of these resources would satisfy one of your 'City demands '
    Also provide a military indicator that shows which of these resources will let you build the types of units your military advisor suggests.

Sincerely,

The Harshax

Originally posted by Harshax View Post
    Is there an easier way to see resources available from civs and city states?
    I do not remember where exactly you can do it with city states (I think it is the second or third tab on diplomacy detail window), but I believe it is somewhere.
    With civs, you definitely can do it, in one of the diplomacy screens, there are notes below each civ name where it shows possible deals. Resources are shown there as well.

The interface is so strange that people just can't find things for long time. That's the "easiness of interface for new comers" for you.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
    certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I noticed in another thread that what I want is already there (but obfuscated for some reason).

The Diplomacy screen (accessible from the Additional Info button) will tell you all the things I wanted.

I totally missed this information, when I highlighed the globe and oakleaf icon (UN?) on the right screen, I got to the Diplomacy drop down, which displays a progess bar that visualizes the degree of friendship you have with the foreign civ. In that screen is a button called 'Diplomacy Overview', which will take you to the screen that is accessible from the 'Additional Info' icon, but It looked like a subtitle to me, and not a button, so I never clicked on it before.

This game's interface is pretty cool, although confusing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Harshax View Post
        Just loving this game, but there are a couple of things I can't find on the interface. Took me 3 days to notice the unit list in the drop down in the top left corner that will actually let me see where units are, and what they're doing. This alleviated the frustration I had with trying to access units from the Military Advisor. (Which seems to not be very useful all by itself)

..............................................Sinc erely,

The Harshax
        Thank you!!!!!!
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Working...
        X