Gather all User Interface issues with civ5 here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DickieBear View Post
    I've been looking for it and maybe I missed it, but I really liked the clock that showed real-life time in the upper-right corner in Civ 4. I need to know if it's past my bedtime.
    Exactly.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by DickieBear View Post
      I've been looking for it and maybe I missed it, but I really liked the clock that showed real-life time in the upper-right corner in Civ 4. I need to know if it's past my bedtime.
      +1.

Comment

A quick work around in the meantime, if nobody has posted this already, is shift+tab, which will pull up Steam's clock quickly over the top of the game.
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

In windowed mode the screen doesn't scroll when you move your mouse to the edges.
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

While I miss the screen clock and look forward to its return, I think the simplest workaround until it's reintroduced is to glance at your watch or phone.

Comment

Was there not already a screen-clock mod available?
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Combo post:

I think I found a leftover from an early alpha in the game. I was doing a archipelago map, without roads. The game notified me that I should build a road to connect my resource to the empire.

The game does not give the happiness bonus for connecting distant cities to the empire when harbors are used.

Also, resources that are connected to an unconnected city do contribute in full to global happiness. Doesn't seem right, n'est-ce pas?

Finally, the game registers new acquisitions always a turn too late. For example, you finish a harbor, it lags another turn in connecting to the empire.

Comment

I think someone else mentioned it but if the interface is going to bury some of the useful information away it would be good if it remembered my choices such as production queues.

It may just be the resolution (1920x1080) I'm playing but when I look at where workers are allocated on the city screen it doesn't centre when I zoom in. This means that I can't see alot of the hexes when I want to reallocate workers.

Remember my preferences on the info top left (can't remember what its called) but I tend to set it to view city production but i keep having to chose that again.

As a more general point a lot of the useful screens seem to be buried several mouse clicks away. Would be good if that could be addressed although that's probably a more fundamental issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X