Gather all User Interface issues with civ5 here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back customize your palace stuff.

And most importantly, WHERE IS THE WORLDBUILDER.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'd like to have the graphs in the demographics screen that Civ IV had, or at least some ranking of all of the players that could be checked every turn. I would also like to see a message when my cultural borders expand.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        Bring back customize your palace stuff.

And most importantly, WHERE IS THE WORLDBUILDER.
        Totally agree about palace. Though I suspect it will not happen until next expansion. As for worldbuilder they should release it "soon"
        The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
        certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
          As for worldbuilder they should release it "soon"
          It's already been released, along with the SDK.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrda Edocsil View Post
            It's already been released, along with the SDK.
            Yeah, I noticed it after I type that post. Played with world editor, I think it is good!
            -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I forgot big incontinence with interface:

SAVES SHOULD BE SORTED BY DATE!

How could they miss that?
              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by pdxsean View Post
                Here's a few I haven't seen:

I'd like the game to remember my settings from the previous game I'd started, as the documentation indicated. There are a lot of advanced options to select and I'd hate to be in a hurry and forget to change the game speed or difficulty and accidentally start on Chieftain without realizing it. This has been a Civ feature as long as I remember, certainly back to SMAX if not earlier.
                Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Quick Start option, or Play Now, or whatever it is called, serves this function.

I played one game with customized settings, and when I attempted to show my girlfriend the game quickly (yes I really did that) with the "Play Now", it kept those settings.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot View Post
                  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Quick Start option, or Play Now, or whatever it is called, serves this function.
                  It defaults to the, um, default settings for me. After I posted this, I wondered if it's because I edit my Civ name and other attributes when starting. I recall it carrying through properly during my first few games when I didn't know how to change the leader name.

So let's say I played Arabia on King, Large Archipeligo Map, Epic, 3 Billion, Wet. I change the name of the ruler before starting. I then realize 100 turns in that I am being crushed. I go back to the main menu, select "Set Up Game" and it presents me with Random ruler, Chieftain, Standard Continents Map, Standard Speed, 4 Billion and Normal weather in the advanced options.

Later: Turns out that isn't it. I started a new test game, and did my usual settings, but I chose a specific leader and did not edit any of the names or whatever. Got into the game, started my city and went to the next turn. Exited to the main menu, went to set up a new game, and it gave me the default screen again. Maybe it has to do with the advanced settings? I do like to mess around with those.
                  Last edited by pdxsean; September 28, 2010, 20:59.
                  What's up, hot dog?

Comment

There has to be some filter for viewing luxuries, food resources and strategic resources separately. As it is now, once you click on 'view resources', you can't see a thing unless you zoom in a lot.

Comment

my #1 grip is worker automation. in civ4 you could shift-order-shift-order-shift. that keeps em busy for a while. as the AI doesn't manage workers properly, i have to do everything by hand every few turns. it's a time hog.

Comment

- There should be a way to see what social policies AI has.

Robert, as a suggestion, may be you want, as a thread starter, collect all suggestions into a single post (you can edit your first post here). You may even want to make it a sticky, because interface is one of the most important part of the game and instead of being "inovative" it is rather one of the most problematic aspect of Civ 5. If at any point we will have a comprehensive list, we may be able to attract attention of Firaxes to it.
                        -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

Change the 'helper text' on the Diplomacy button (main screen) to 'Diplomacy Overview'
                          Change the button labeled 'Diplomacy Overview' on the Diplomacy Menu to 'Diplomacy', or 'Details', or something that doesn't imply a more high level presentation of information that what's on the main menu. (What's more high level than a line graphs?)

The title of these screens are backwards.
                          The Diplomacy menu only gives you a visual indication of your relationship with other civs, a quick means to open a dialogue with them, and the scores for the main plaers.

The Diplomacy Overview button gives you the goods: a pop-up that presents resources owned by civs, current agreements, past agreements, and much more.

I've seen more than one (including myself) post on this board for these details. Clearly the semantics of the diplomacy menu are backward for some.

Comment

Originally posted by MxM View Post
                            I think it is a design decision for them to do that. They want first to welcome you, and when you click trade they will ask you "what do you want". The idea I think is to make it as close to natural communication as possible.
                            I'm playing a game though. Realism doesn't translate into fun especially against a computer opponent.
                            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post
                              I'm playing a game though. Realism doesn't translate into fun especially against a computer opponent.
                              I am not arguing with that. Gameplay >> realism. I was just saying why it is done the way is done. They wanted to have realism of interaction. If they can achieve that that would be a plus too.
                              -- Bertrand Russell

Comment

I've been looking for it and maybe I missed it, but I really liked the clock that showed real-life time in the upper-right corner in Civ 4. I need to know if it's past my bedtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X