Anyone know ? disable intro video ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know ? disable intro video ?

What the title says, anyone know if it is possible to disable the intro ?
    A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Of course. Go into My Games/Civ5/UserSettings.ini and set SkipIntroVideo = 1
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thanks Nikolai
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

And that makes the game show a black screen while loading instead of the video. Net-time-profit: 0

:P

Comment

I disabled the intro, but my game will not start until a black screen has made me wait for a few minutes. Interestingly, the black screen is there for the exact amount of time the intro video was.

Comment

The black screen is shown until the loading of the game is complete. The intro can be skipped as soon as said loading is done.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus View Post
              What the title says, anyone know if it is possible to disable the intro ?
              That kind off stuff can be found in our Small Hints & Tips section!
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Working...
              X