Why do barbarians need sperate units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do barbarians need sperate units?

They have the same properties as the Warriors and Triremes do so why? No game of civ has done this before.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

They do not need to have separate units, but I believe this has to do with flavor, as well as making the early barbarians even easier to spot. And the barbarian galley has -1 strength and -1 firepower compared to the trireme. The Warrior has improved strength vs a barbarian giving him an edge. One could still have had barbarian warriors I guess, but I can see a second reason beyond flavor;
    - Germany has a chance of the Barbarian Brute switching side. If this was a warrior, this unit would have an equal advantage against other barbarian units. Instead the converted Brutes does not have the bonus combat strength vs other barbarians. Against civilized enemies they are still warrior strength.

Comment

Working...
    X