No announcement yet.

Where does CIV5 stores its screenshots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does CIV5 stores its screenshots?

No reference to it in the manual.
    I have looked through my \steam\ folder and searched for *.jpg, *.gif, *.png etc., but can't find them.

Do you make screenshots with PrintScreen?
    Beep...beep...beep.

Documents\MyGames\Civ5\Screenshots

if I remember correctly
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Ah of course, thanks!
      Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

Now, if only they stored them in a file format a basic image viewer can recognize.
        What's up, hot dog?

Comment

I use XnView to turn them into .jpg format...
          it´s free, recognizes .tga and it allows batch jobs,
          enabling you to convert all pics within the folder (or any number of selected pics) in one go
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

So how do you take a screenshot in a fullscreen mode game? Just Print Screen?

Comment

Jep,
              this lets civ take a screenshot and store it in the folder mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                I use XnView to turn them into .jpg format...
                Hey, thanks! That's good to know. I went through and translated them manually with GiMP and that was pretty tedious.
                What's up, hot dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Jvstin View Post
                  So how do you take a screenshot in a fullscreen mode game? Just Print Screen?
                  A more simple question, how do you take screenshots? I have a Macbook Pro and I use a Windows partition (therefore no Print Screen button). I tried using the Apple commands, but they're not recognized when in Windows. Is there a Civ V specific key combination that takes screenshots?
                  Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

If there is one I've never heard of it. You could plug in a normal key board and use the print screen button though. Most keyboards just need a USB port.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X