Sometimes misleading informations concerning ranged attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes misleading informations concerning ranged attacks

If I try to attack a city from 2 tiles away with an archer/crossbowman via rightclick on the city, most of the times I see a path from my archer/CB to the city, so as if he wanted to attack the city in melee.
    This can be very misleading, as sometimes the LOS to the target is blocked preventing shooting, which means that my unit will follow the calculated path instead of shooting.
    However, as it is now, you are unable to dustinguish between both cases, which is why I would see it as a bug
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

More correct behavior would, for example be, to show the red targeting circle without a path between archer and target, if the archer is able to shoot at the city (just as it is if the archer attacks a normal unit)
    and to only show target and archer connected by a path, if there is no way to shoot at the target from the current position
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
    X