Help me declare war!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me declare war!

I entered a peace treaty and am well beyond the term of it.

I can't seem to declare war through any of the normal channels (attack unit, diplomacy screen, etc.). Is there some mechanism I'm missing that I need to use to cancel the peace treaty, or is it just a bug?

Any help would be appreciated, hate to start a new game because I can no longer expand or attack my neighbor.

This is a bug that several people have run into. I haven't seen any solutions unfortunately.
    What's up, hot dog?

Comment

What's this? Is it that YOU cannot declare war twice against the same AI, but that AI could DOW and after a peace YOU could DOW?

Or some other combination?

Comment

You cannot...
        known bug, an unlimited peace (or open borders) treaty is unlimited and cannot be broken
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

BTW This doesn't happen every time. I've had plenty of wars, peaces, and combinations of the two with the same civ over a number of games and have not run into it.

But when I do, I'm sure it'll irk me some.
          What's up, hot dog?

Comment

This is the most annoying bug that I've run into. It can really kill your strategy, if you were going for a domination victory, or simply wanted a couple of really good cities that the AI had. This can be dealt with, but it takes a lot of adjustment. I hope it's fixed soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
              an unlimited peace (or open borders) treaty is unlimited and cannot be broken
              IF it is LABELED as 'unlimited' or somehow described as without a turn limit when offered, then it could be avoided. Could lead to a need for CONSTANT VIGILANCE! however.

Comment

Jaybe, it's a bug. It can't be labeled unlimited as it's not supposed to be unlimited.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                X